Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This was the core of my idea. Make it manageable for players to deal with this on their own. I'm against hard-coded restrictions, or direct GM intervention, wherever it's not genuinely needed. It not only wastes the devs' time, it nurtures a player base that will come to expect everything to be done for them.
unfortunately most players here seem to be used to games that do everything for them, they don't relish the concept of holding other people accountable for their actions, they'd rather have the devs do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haladmer View Post
To the OP, Yes, yes it is.

Thank you, common sense! (Seriously)

I apologize in advance, because this is gonna be a rude reply/rant to those who want a system to "protect them" or "even the playing field"...

You have the tools, you have a brain (which should be understood to be included in the Tools, but just in case), use them.

Just because there isn't an OBVIOUS solution doesn't mean the dev's need to change the game. Eve gets thrown around a lot on these forums as an example of how to do "X" system. Last time I played Eve, a lot of this same ass-hattery occurred there, the difference was that people there seem to have understood that what is used against them can be used back.

Why is a sci-fi/futuristic game okay to have this level of common sense, but a post-apocalyptic game has to have everyone singing Koomba-ya and drinking the fizzy-sugar water?

Hell, dig a giant pit around "your" trees, and leave only 1 ramp in/out that is walled off into the center of your town. Or even leave the ramp out and only put it back when you need it.

The moral of this rant is, the developers gave you the tools, the system gives you a base set of rules, and (I hope) your teachers taught you how to think, so do so.

::Goes back to the crafter section muttering about whippersnappers and a lot less polite things::
heh teachers stopped teaching critical thinking skills years ago...so did parents for that matter.

It's not all the whippersnappers's fault.