Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disable snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    Snow isn't that bad, maybe they could change the texture and make it more transparent.

The real graphic problem is the grass, probably the most unattractive looking part of the game in my opinion.
    I agree that they need to change the grass at some point, since it's essentially 2D that turns with your viewpoint. If they found a way to make the grass spots act more like trees it would be better but might cause more lag.

I also agree that we should be able to clear the snow in a very similar fashion to terraforming, if not just an added feature in the terraforming menu. This suggestion goes in the book of good suggestions that people have along with Wells for water and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I agree that they need to change the grass at some point, since it's essentially 2D that turns with your viewpoint. If they found a way to make the grass spots act more like trees it would be better but might cause more lag.

I also agree that we should be able to clear the snow in a very similar fashion to terraforming, if not just an added feature in the terraforming menu. This suggestion goes in the book of good suggestions that people have along with Wells for water and such.
    Yeah, there could be some work with the textures, but I applaud them for putting snow in game.

The snows fine. It makes it hard to scavenge, but then again, scavenging in the snow should be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarma View Post
    The snows fine. It makes it hard to scavenge, but then again, scavenging in the snow should be hard.
    I agree it should be more difficult, but people know where the JPs are from the spring season.

The only problem I have with snow currently is that it has been piling up at the bottom of rivers, which is kinda VERY unrealistic. As well as rain going through roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I agree it should be more difficult, but people know where the JPs are from the spring season.

The only problem I have with snow currently is that it has been piling up at the bottom of rivers, which is kinda VERY unrealistic. As well as rain going through roofs.
    It's not unrealistic if you have used poor materials to make the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    It's not unrealistic if you have used poor materials to make the roof.
    Very true, lol.

IMO they should just add an option to terraforming to shovel the snow (and it gets put in your inv like dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by savageasf View Post
    IMO they should just add an option to terraforming to shovel the snow (and it gets put in your inv like dirt)
    True, that could work, but I think that they would have to make snow act like terrain which could cause problems. Maybe not though.

I like the snow. Always have for some reason. Then again I am not a terraformer really, so making roads and seeing them is low on my list. I feel like I am generally one of the few who enjoys the stuff. Makes me feel like I am in Tahoe

I agree.. Shovel the snow.. very logical, perhaps it can be collected in some kind of bucket for water, or just removed.. Or add it as a basic everyone skill..

The grass.. sure it's not the best, but it's better then just a texture on the ground, and I guess laying in it is hiding, to some extent