Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disable snow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Revamp the snow? Should it be made transparent like its real life equivalent?

I really liked the snow. The snow covering on the trees was a nice touch.

However, it does cause a few problems. The chat window is almost impossible to read with heavy snow on the ground. We need to be able to either change the colors, or set the chat window transparency.

Also, grass does look horribly out of place in heavy snow, and makes it harder on the eyes. Heavy snow needs to cover up the grass, just like any other ground texture. It could be that we only got a few inches so far and it will eventually cover, in which case thats great.

Overall, winter looks very awesome! I'm sure my opinion will change once the freezing cold affects my character, but for now I love the winter!

I'm confused I haven't seen any snow at all since launch. Are you referring to the puddles that appear after there has been a rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Liil View Post
    I'm confused I haven't seen any snow at all since launch. Are you referring to the puddles that appear after there has been a rain?
    It's been snowing in our zone pretty heavily this morning. And yes the snow gets deeper and covers up more stuff. The effect on the trees was very kewl.

And you thought reading red on white was tough? Reading white chat on white snow is horrid.

The only beef I have is knowing where I am paving or not. Otherwise, stop whining about snow, you mild-weathered, sun-loving snowbird of ungrateful proportion.

Seriously, someone is going to complain about every aspect. I don't see nearly as many active posters as people on the threads/forum. IF everyone was upset about it, more would be complaining. But they aren't.

Keep adding stuff, keep tweaking, take all these "complaints" with large grains of salt and work on your vision for the game.

Obvious troll is too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    It's been snowing in our zone pretty heavily this morning. And yes the snow gets deeper and covers up more stuff. The effect on the trees was very kewl.

And you thought reading red on white was tough? Reading white chat on white snow is horrid.
    Oh didnt realise we had different weather in different areas on the map, I thought we wwere all roughly the same. Theres has been some thought by the Devs there, good on them!

On another note, it snowed in our area since the pacth just now

Keep the snow. Quit the complaining

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    Keep the snow. Quit the complaining
    +1

PWEETY SNOW

ITS SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE !!!!!!!!