Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Size

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    tested this smallest person vs largest person= same hit range
    Right now yes. . see my post above. .the changes are incoming. . who knows when.

pre-emptive lol @ people who complain after the changes so size affects more than hit box.

"but now I have to reroll!" I can hear it already.

Who cares? It's not that big of a deal. I rolled large because I want to look good, not like some pixie. Let's not go overboard in the balancing issue here. A little extra speed/stam/fortitude/reach would be nice, but lets not go overboard. The appearance of your avatar should reflect how you want him/her to look, rather than be a certain size/weight, etc because of some game advantage.

I'd like to see sizes represent preferred play styles. Short should equate to agility and speed, tall; power and range. I made sure to roll a medium sized toon (165) to try and offset any drastic balancing.

Hopefully it's done right. Combat should really be about ability, and not sheer characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Ya this thread is not based on any fact. yes hit boxes are smaller... so is the length of your arms. You also are at head level when you're attacked. If people are teleporting around I'd suggest upping your bandwidth and upgrading your computer
    1. You said not based on facts yet you already stated hitboxes are smaller... (fact)

2. Actually I did test this out and we have a person in our tribe that rolled smallest possible, if he stands infront of me and I swing, I hit nothing looking straight ahead.

3. The teleporting around isnt a local issue, it is a Xsyon graphical issue they have not introduced the true pvp system yet, also you can see this watching a fight from 3rd person, I'm not even going to mention I run bussines class internet and a custom build gaming rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    There are ways to do this better. Very small avatars should have 1/3 of the strenght of large avatars which can be tweaked by strenght points. But a man 120 cm tall should never hit as hard as tall person. Also limit very small characters to small sized weapons, like blades and one handed axes. Do not allow them to have items larger their size. Each item should get something like "minimum requirements to equip" and one of them should be size and weight.

I hat to see nerfing on the start, I would rather see balancing instead. You want to be small? Fine, but you must pay the price for it.
    This I agree with, I was just saying there are things to balance it out my way might not be the best it was just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    The Dev(s) have already spoken about this.

Larger characters will have faster movement etc. I know one large advantage I have with a larger character for sure. I will see if I can find the response posted regarding this.

Ah here

Thread is here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...y-People/page3
    And thanks for linking this, I didn't see it before but it's good to know they are working on it.

Andro Bourne and The Shrimps at it again....

If they're going to make smaller characters weaker than larger ones, would it not stand to reason then that female characters be weaker than males? I mean, since this thread seemingly presumes that there's simply no possible way a shorter person could be stronger than a taller person, it'd likely follow that under no circumstances could a woman be stronger than a man.

Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    If they're going to make smaller characters weaker than larger ones, would it not stand to reason then that female characters be weaker than males? I mean, since this thread seemingly presumes that there's simply no possible way a shorter person could be stronger than a taller person, it'd likely follow that under no circumstances could a woman be stronger than a man.
    it must be true, taller means stronger! - Mike Tyson 5'10 David Schwimmer 6'1. Obviously "ross" is harder than iron mike.

Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    Well if thats the case then we need to make it so females can only do cooking as their crafting skills...

Quote Originally Posted by Andro Bourne View Post
    Well if thats the case then we need to make it so females can only doing cooking as their crafting skills...
    Shut up and open this jar for me.