Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Local chat is a joke

Xsyon, what the hell was going on in your head when you set the local chat to 9 (YES NINE) whole zones?!

Right now when I go to a neighbor, I have PM every single of them, because hundreds of players in the 9 zones would be seeing what we're talking about and possibly set us on their ignore list.

Set the local chat radius to 50m or so, BUT NOT ******* 9 zones!

This huge local chat kills the atmosphere hard.

Yeah, local chat should be local. Again, Realism is my thing

We have too many posts all saying the same thing.

I do however agree with you.

With such a large radius, Local has become the new Global and is inevitably filled with smack talk and griefing. The only other method of communication is /w and cannot be used for a group of people in the local area. We need chat channels or something adding down the line...

I realise that there are other priorities atm and its good to see the improvements in reduction of lag, but it would be good to get some atmosphere back in the chat

I agree 100% with this, it's as bad as global was before.

You're thinking of it as 9 zones. Try thinking of it as adjacent zones and you can see the "why" it's setup this way pretty easily. Lets you hear the guy 10 feet away from you, but on the other side of the zone line.

It's a different type of coding and resource problem if you set it up as straight proximity...and one that has the potential to create more lag between clients.

I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer a proximity based chat, but I'm not at all confused why it is the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Heolstor View Post
    I agree 100% with this, it's as bad as global was before.
    Yes it is, why can I hear people talking for MILES away. And why isn't whisper easier to do? When someone whispers me I should be able to do a short command to reply. Some MMO do /r. IMO General chat should only be heard if you are in visable range of your target. Maybe 100 click radius tops. If I want to trade I should have to go to a trade hub area or seek out other tribes. Please put this in.