Xsyon, a clicking game

While playing Xsyon, I have the feeling that the developers are not really playing this pretty fun game. By calling Xsyon a clicking game, I mean:

Everything you do while crafting, gathering or any other skill, you have to click so many times. Almost no action is direct. You always have to wait a little before the action is executed. Crafting especially is a pain. All the manually dragging resources and tools need for making something into the right slot is so crazy. If you want to make 10 clubs or something everytime you have to drag the tools and recources into the crafting station. I don't see why on earth would you wanna do this. Anti macroing? Well you are burdened pretty fast, so that cannot be the case. Why oh why?

Also please get a compass into the game. The cords thing is stupid. In RL you would bring a compass too.

Last two points. Make bags nameable or be able to make signs and why is placing a container/bin so gd hard in this game. Click and drag. Bam, the bin is placed somewhere else?? Make an outline of the bin so you can place is. Not a stupit icon that does not work at all. Signs with names on it would be cool for naming containers. Make a wooden pole and a plank. Write the name of the material on it and place it near the bins. This way you can make personal bins too.

Fun game but lots to change. Sometimes it feels like the developers are making the game harder than it should be. Working against the people who play Xsyon.

Have a good game

Quote Originally Posted by Gracen View Post
    ... Crafting especially is a pain. All the manually dragging resources and tools need for making something into the right slot is so crazy. ...
    You know that you can right-click the resources and tools to fill-in the correct spots in the crafting window?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    You know that you can right-click the resources and tools to fill-in the correct spots in the crafting window?
    Which only strengthens the title of his thread.

the game encourages macroing hope they fix animals soon so we can hunt

oh wait cant play with the lag, never mine

actually the game has way too simple crafting....
    any crafting just takes a second to finish, once you have collected all the resources.

that makes crafting 10 clubs way to easy, and any crafted item has no value. i wont mention how many crafted items i have discarded. and i dont grind my skills. just a few here and there.

isnt a postapocalyptic world supposed to put value in any item, as they are all quite rare. but not here...here is everything so plentyful (except maybe trees).

Quote Originally Posted by Gracen View Post
    Make bags nameable or be able to make signs
    Do you see floating names above bags IRL? no.... however the sign idea isnt a bad one and i definatley agree on the compass ofcourse id like the coords and the compass just for a little easier sign of ur heading.

Agree on everything, except the naming of things - signs are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Do you see floating names above bags IRL? no.... however the sign idea isnt a bad one and i definatley agree on the compass ofcourse id like the coords and the compass just for a little easier sign of ur heading.
    Real life has no place in a computer game argument, unless it's a simulation. Xsyon is not a simulation.

Gameplay > Real life

There is already an ID box on top of the screen when you click something... The bag name can go there when clicked on.

lol, of course its a clicking game. Any game using a mouse and keyboard is a 'clicking' game. next complaint plz

I use hotkeys a lot, does that count as clicking?

Give us ability to mark baskets, carve stuff in with a knife for example so when you hover over a basket you know what's inside. If this is not realistic how is then making a fire out of 10 stones without collecting wood?