Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Friendly fire of friends

Ok this is getting annoying you need to think of making system were we can identify friends from foe...

It is impossible to tell difference who is who... We are not computers to remember the names of all our allies and you have to get up close to find what their name is and you dont have time for that if its foe by time you tryed to look for name your dead... So you kill first and ask questions later this can cause much confusion between allies and friends and get tensions high...

You need some sort of diplomacy implemented and people within tribe should see name tags clearly and you should be able to make NAP with tribes and see their nametags in different colour to avoid such pk...

Looks to like the problem here is your "kill first, talk second" attitude.

Why try and change things or put in mechanics to do this when there is a simple solution at hand...the chat bar!

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    Looks to like the problem here is your "kill first, talk second" attitude.

Why try and change things or put in mechanics to do this when there is a simple solution at hand...the chat bar!
    chat bar dont work you only have seconds to react and thats not enough time plus you cant take word from other person

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    chat bar dont work you only have seconds to react and thats not enough time plus you cant take word from other person
    React to what? If they are on your land you challenge them. They can reply friend or foe.

If they do something agressive then you attack.

The problem here is your "attack first, ask questions second" mindset not the mechanics of the game. Thought all you guys wanted a sandbox without artificial mechanics?

React to what? If they are on your land you challenge them. They can reply friend or foe.

If they do something agressive then you attack.

The problem here is your "attack first, ask questions second" mindset not the mechanics of the game. Thought all you guys wanted a sandbox without artificial mechanics?
    I can agree this works to some extent inside tribe area but it would not work outside area you have no time to find out if he is friend or foe and there is possibility of target to misslead other person that he is friend but in reallity he is foe...

Also in larger scale engadgment this system is totaly useless when there is 20 v 20 to make out who is friend and who is foe would not be possible

I can agree this works to some extent inside tribe area but it would not work outside area you have no time to find out if he is friend or foe and there is possibility of target to misslead other person that he is friend but in reallity he is foe...

Also in larger scale engadgment this system is totaly useless when there is 20 v 20 to make out who is friend and who is foe would not be possible
    Well all I can suggest is you learn to know who your friends are and who your enemies are. Personally I don't attack first and will only do so if given a reason so I see no problem with the system as it is.

In respects larger scale fights isn't that just "confusion on the battlefield"?

I would suggest wearing tribal colors.

Well all I can suggest is you learn to know who your friends are and who your enemies are. Personally I don't attack first and will only do so if given a reason so I see no problem with the system as it is.

In respects larger scale fights isn't that just "confusion on the battlefield"?

I would suggest wearing tribal colors.
    If there is Tribe of 80 members there is no way you can tell me you can remember all their names...and if you cant remember all ur allies names you will not remember all ur enemy names. Yes you might know leaders and yes you might now couple but not all of them.. Further more in terms of wearing colours this function only works so far since everything can be looted and enemy can tart wearing your colours...

If there is Tribe of 80 members there is no way you can tell me you can remember all their names...and if you cant remember all ur allies names you will not remember all ur enemy names. Yes you might know leaders and yes you might now couple but not all of them.. Further more in terms of wearing colours this function only works so far since everything can be looted and enemy can tart wearing your colours...
    Well then I guess you will need to learn to deal with people based on how they act rather then shooting first all the time.

Ummm dude in war there are hundreds on a battlefield do allies accidentally kill allies? yes IRL u dont have any other identifying marks besides color of clothing worn this is supposed to be a more realistic sandbox l2play as its setup or leave simple as that

you are very wrong ehre, the mechanics of the game allows this very thing!!!

I agree with the OP 100%

You don't have to wait for them to be aggressive if that's your playstyle, we need to know who are tribe/allies are asap.

This game encourages large scale tribes, it takes 80 people minimum just to get your max radius for a tribe. Multiply that times howover many allies you have, it takes way to much time to see who is who.

Tribes need a way to know who their members are and allies as well.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Ummm dude in war there are hundreds on a battlefield do allies accidentally kill allies? yes IRL u dont have any other identifying marks besides color of clothing worn this is supposed to be a more realistic sandbox
    it's a computer game and doesn't work like RL, there are way to many possible variations in armors for everyone to be wearing the same exeact setup let alone everyone only using certain colors.

l2play as its setup or leave simple as that
    So basically if you don't agree with a players suggestion the only option is for them to leave?

That doesn't make any sense, this game is going to be designed based on what the players want - if jooky decides that enough players want the tags then he will do it and vice verse.

If he does it are we to tell you that if you don't like then you should just leave?