Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanted - Diplomacy

Please implement an alliance system as soon as possible. Having played for the past few days, I believe this needs to be of high priority (minus lag obviously). Its hard to develop alliances which I believe to be an important part of rebuilding out apocalypic society. Just using sight with everyone with black names isn't very efficient method IMO. You have to get to close and then remember whether that name is an alliance member just doesn't make sense to me. Whats everyones thoughts?

Thread suggestions:

Suggestion 1 - Tribal Colors
    Suggestion 2 - Clan tags
    Suggestion 3 - Guild Banners

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    Please implement an alliance system as soon as possible. Having played for the past few days, I believe this needs to be of high priority (minus lag obviously). Its hard to develop alliances which I believe to be an important part of rebuilding out apocalypic society. Just using sight with everyone with black names isn't very efficient method IMO. You have to get to close and then remember whether that name is an alliance member just doesn't make sense to me. Whats everyones thoughts?
    Friendly fire is a part of any conflict. I personally beleive the best thing to do is not go in guns blazing but be aware of your surroundings and communicate first. IF you are out to kill everything that moves without thinking about it first you are sure to create isues but those who approach any interaction with another player with a bit of caution can soon sort out the situation. That is just my opinion though.

Wanted: Tribes to have to wear tribe colors to identify each other more easily. That way, I can see who is coming the same way you can.

This could lead to much fun confusion. For example, my neighbors, the Happy Carebear Clan (not really) wear orange and blue. So I see someone running up wearing orange and blue, and I stupidly let down my guard. *Smack!* Oh no, it's the PKer I escaped from yesterday. Instead of trying to stealth up this time, he's gotten smarter and tried a different form of camoflage. And it worked.

Example number #2: You see someone wearing your tribe's colors approaching, and you let down your guard. *Smack!* I've just avenged a few of the trees your tribe cut down around my homestead last night.

The reason military uniforms probably exist is because battle is confusing, and uniform colors was a way to tell the people you're supposed to axe apart from the people you're not supposed to axe.

Really hope having clan Tags is at least in the top 10 of the list of improvements. Right along with name color change.

I agree 100%. Though fratricide is a real thing, at least have some way of communitcating between friendly tribes. It is unfeasable to make special whistles or yelps as code for friendlies so lets at least have the capability of letting our aliegences know we are passing through or hunting someone near by without letting 6 zones know about it.

We need Guil banners and symbols/colors on the gear

Cool

Clearly readable Clan/Tribe/Guild tags are the basic fundamental tools needed in any territorial, conquest game that involves war, and fighting of any kind.. This should have been implemented from the get go, and is way past due..

Its not hard to code nor hard to patch out... Please implement this fast!! Otherwise I foresee there will be a lot of chaos in the future...

Bad idea, it just makes it easier for clans that nutcup with other clans with the goal of zerging everyone to have it easier. Big alliances should be hard to manage, not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    Bad idea, it just makes it easier for clans that nutcup with other clans with the goal of zerging everyone to have it easier. Big alliances should be hard to manage, not the other way round.
    my though wasn't actually because I want to Zerg anyone. It has more to do with not killing your friends by accident, and forming defencive pacts against others. Don't get me wrong, we are a pvp clan and plan to make war. However, many in our alliance are pure crafting tribes, dual tribes, and any combination you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    Thread suggestions:

Suggestion 1 - Tribal Colors
    Suggestion 2 - Clan tags
    Suggestion 3 - Guild Banners
    1) No. Coloring items is nice, the rest should be up to you.
    2) NO. Go back to Unreal Tournament?
    3) Sounds nice, although I don't really know what that's supposed to do.

High priority, this is not.
    Everything that can be done by the players themselves, should be done by the players themselves.
    No need for the developers to step in more than necessary.