Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PVP System.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    I love how you say we don't research products before we buy them. Obviously you weren't here about a year ago when we preordered. Back then there wasn't going to be an option to be non warring, there were going to be safezones only for long enough for walls to be built.

It's only recently that people started suggesting that tribes should be care bear care zones that are safe forever. And it looks like the Dev's might have caved.

So maybe you should research before you speak? or on second thought nah that'd make too much sense, you should continue to troll first, think later.

I'm not even crying about them not fixing combat soon enough, it sucks right now sure, but I can wait. But if they are going to let tribes decide to have massive safe zones around their totems permanently, then that's game changing enough for me to worry.
    AMEN...Carebears need to build sim houses, go check out EA

we know that territoral control is 6+ months out. we came in understanding that. we can live with that.

what we wont do is pay fees for a product that is not catering to our needs. *Shrug* we researched it. i've put all the quotes down from the product description, and faq, dev comments etc. that support the view of hte pvp community (in another thread or three somewhere in here)

We understand that combat is broken and needs to be fixed. We understand that the devs have acknowledged that. What we will need to see is whether the devs make fixing it a priority, or do they make opening 'new lands for exploration!!!' the priority. it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it...we jsut don't have to pay for it.

To be correct, the warfare system has never been announced before. Jordi never ever said that it would be mandatory, he didn't say that it would be optional either. He just didn't say anything about it. What he did say was that it won't be in during Prelude, only sometime after that, and that the first implementation won't be fighting over the cities but fighting over additional lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    we know that territoral control is 6+ months out. we came in understanding that. we can live with that.

what we wont do is pay fees for a product that is not catering to our needs. *Shrug* we researched it. i've put all the quotes down from the product description, and faq, dev comments etc. that support the view of hte pvp community (in another thread or three somewhere in here)

We understand that combat is broken and needs to be fixed. We understand that the devs have acknowledged that. What we will need to see is whether the devs make fixing it a priority, or do they make opening 'new lands for exploration!!!' the priority. it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it...we jsut don't have to pay for it.
    Yeah, I know you're good about the current "content development process".

I completely agree. I might not even pay after the 2.5 months myself. We'll see.

I had just been tired of people coming the same time as me or later and not knowing what they're buying.

Maybe instead of being hung on beta people should read the current information. I was in no way lead to believe that PvP was the major focus of the game right out of the gate. Present, for sure, but not the focus.
    There are tons of games with developed PvP systems already - if your bloodlust is that great, maybe you should play those for awhile instead.

Quote Originally Posted by biotek View Post
    Maybe instead of being hung on beta people should read the current information. I was in no way lead to believe that PvP was the major focus of the game right out of the gate. Present, for sure, but not the focus.
    There are tons of games with developed PvP systems already - if your bloodlust is that great, maybe you should play those for awhile instead.
    You are taking this thread all wrong we are not saying focus on it but fix it before opening lands that no one really needs atm.