Xsyon Game Manual Suggestions

If you've taken a look at the Game Manual and have any suggestions or information you'd like to see in the Manual, please post here.

Thanks!

Re:Xsyon Game Manual Suggestions

In the chat panel part of the manual, ad the different channels we can use, and how to use them.

Re: Xsyon Game Manual Suggestions

I noticed a type of "grid-map" in another thread...Perhaps have that included as a "playable-area" region.

I know I use it when locating people in other 'zones'

Uh yeah, maybe add a little artwork to the manual? I love white and all, but then, I don't want to feel like I'm supposed to imagine cool stuff, like you would while reading a book...

More Information

You should clarify or at least mention how hunger and thirst both contribute to your energy gain. Also, for the scavenging category, players should know that you have a better chance of scavenging an item in a junk pile rather than anywhere else.

Grammatical Errors

Fixes are made in bold...

Strength, a measure of how strong a character is, affects carrying capacity, combat damage, logging terraforming, and to a lesser extent bone crafting.
    You need a comma inbetween capacity and combat.

Fortitude, a measure of the will, affects energy, stamina, hit points, and resistance.
    No need for an and, also there is no period at the end of the sentence.

Agility, a measure of your speed, affects combat, speed, jumping, swimming,and climbing.
    Needs a period at the end.

Dexterity, a measure of your motor skills, affects basketry, toolcraft,weaponcraft, bonecraft, leathercraft, woodwork, tailoring, cooking,firebuilding, and to a lesser degree, logging and fishing.
    Comma inbetween degree and logging.

Perception, a measure of your awareness, affects cooking[strike]s[/strike], fishing,scavenging, forging, hiding, detection, stealing, woodwork, and firebuilding.
    No need for the 's' at the end of cooking.

Charm, a measure of your personality, affects animal taming, tribal leadership, religion, faith and luck. To a lesser degree affects hairdressing.
    There needs to be a comma inbetween religion and faith. I also added an and inbetween faith and luck.

The following section will describe how to control[strike]ling[/strike] your character. The keys listed here are the default keys, if you wish, you may change the keybinds accordingly to what you're more comfortable with.
    Was said grammatically incorrect and unprofessional.

Your camera, by default, follows behind your character which tracks every move you make.
    The game has different camera modes which all behave slightly different[strike]ly[/strike].
    Look around the world with your character.
    You can forage around you for plants that may be useful for your character.
    I got bored to continue looking. You should definitely fix it up and make it look a bit more professional. There is many errors and grammatical mistakes. Some parts don't even sound good or even make sense. I hope I helped..

User Manual Reads:
    Character Attributes
    Your character’s attributes determine your characters predisposition
    towards skills different character skills. Having a high attribute score in one
    area will make some skills easier to learn and master, however, it will lower
    the attribute scores in other areas increasing the challenge of mastering
    other skills.
    Needs Additional Text:
    You may raise and lower attributes at character creation creating a score of anywhere from 10-90. You're only able to set your character's attributes once so choose wisely.
    (( Should state something like above so new players are aware ))

trenixdecease wrote:
    More Information
    Fortitude, a measure of the will, affects energy, stamina, hit points, and resistance.
    No need for an and, also there is no period at the end of the sentence.
    Actually according to my English grammar book it is still possible to use a ", and" construction just as you can do an "and" construction when you list stuff. You can also leave out "and" or ", and" and just use a comma. Dunno if that was what you meant as a correction.

I would, however, make it resistances but only if there are more than one resistance and depending whether or not they are seen as a whole or individual resistances. (but I need to check on this one.)

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Actually according to my English grammar book it is still possible to use a ", and" construction just as you can do an "and" construction when you list stuff. You can also leave out "and" or ", and" and just use a comma. Dunno if that was what you meant as a correction.
    That's why I said "no need" rather than "you need to remove". If you really wanna contribute, post up some grammatical errors. This guide is something everyone will be referring to, including yourself. Mind as well make it nice and polished before the game gets released.

More Information

I've been told that dexterity affects all craft skills. However, it doesn't seem to mention masonry under the dexterity attribute in the manual. Being that masonry is a main craft and attributes are irreversible, this should be updated. If masonry does not get a bonus from dexterity, then it should get a bonus from another attribute, like strength for example.

Dexterity, a measure of your motor skills, affects basketry, toolcraft, weaponcraft,bonecraft, leathercraft, woodwork, tailoring, cooking, and firebuilding.
    There is no such thing as woodwork.

I would prefer a web based manual similar to a wiki layout.

See Aion's 'power wiki' as a reference
    http://powerwiki.na.aiononline.com/aion/Guides

Purely text based is fine, theres a lack of knowledge in the general playerbase and the accessibility of this format would be easier for users and easier to keep updated over time.