Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP System.

PVP System.

Perhaps before expanding the already decent enviorment, one should consider creating an actual combat system, one that has more to offer to the player base then a competitive mash M2/M1 bash, and perhaps one should postpone expanding the enviorment yet again, since when abilities will be available, the awful game lag of about 1 second after every single action a player takes during combat will surely make it a living hell to even attempt to initiate fights, which kinda makes this PvP game a bit futile in its essence, actually nvm, i wanna see some bigger plains while holding m1 hoping the player didnt move in the last second.

They are suppose to be revamping combat in due time. Perhaps expanding the environment will help spread out the player base which may reduce lag and may the current pvp system more possible

Its not also in the pvp combat man, its the fact that everytime when a player moves it takes you about 1-2 seconds to catch up with him, no matter what your lag is(my ms is constant 200 but my tribe members which have 40 ms have the same problem)

Quote Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
    They are suppose to be revamping combat in due time. Perhaps expanding the environment will help spread out the player base which may reduce lag and may the current pvp system more possible
    They're going to have to figure out the lag thing regardless. As rubby said, ping doesn't come too far into it.

The unfortunate thing is that they really only have maybe a couple of months to get this game up and onto its legs. After a month or so most of the crafting bits will be getting capped out for most players. Useless cities will be built or on their way toward it. In a player driven game, the resources and crafting aren't going to be worth anything until they're needed for something... and atm the only thing on the horizon to make them valuable is war. If at the end of the two months a new and exciting PvP system isn't either here or pretty close on that date's heals... well, I know we're not planning on paying for a monthly subscription to Xsyon in its current state. I'm certain that after the 'omg-it's-finally-for-real!' craft fest wears off we won't be the only ones not wanting to pay monthly for a gem this unpolished. =(

Quote Originally Posted by rubby123 View Post
    Perhaps before expanding the already decent enviorment, one should consider creating an actual combat system, one that has more to offer to the player base then a competitive mash M2/M1 bash, and perhaps one should postpone expanding the enviorment yet again, since when abilities will be available, the awful game lag of about 1 second after every single action a player takes during combat will surely make it a living hell to even attempt to initiate fights, which kinda makes this PvP game a bit futile in its essence, actually nvm, i wanna see some bigger plains while holding m1 hoping the player didnt move in the last second.
    The initial phase of the game, which is the phase we are currently is, is called the prelude. The main focus is on building and structuring the world around us from the debris of the past. For now the main focus is on building your own tribelands, building communitues and getting ready for when the game is ready to enter into the next phase. Once th e prelude is over (and I expect that will be when things like combat mechanics and area's for expansion are ready) then PvP will need to be improved but currently it isn't the focus of the game.

i agree with rubby123

Quote Originally Posted by rubby123 View Post
    I agree with rubby123, devs need to focus on CURRENT issues that the game is facing which includes Lag, combat system, and game stability. We dont need more areas to explore if the game is giving people problems. Some people may argue that PVP is not that important, but it is. PVP IS turned on in the game and faces a lot of problems, it might as well be on top of the list with lag and game stability.
    It is Prelude but you cant expect people to terraform and craft 24/7. Basic game mechanics SHOULD be worked on first before adding more expansions which, really dont make our playing experience that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    The initial phase of the game, which is the phase we are currently is, is called the prelude. The main focus is on building and structuring the world around us from the debris of the past. For now the main focus is on building your own tribelands, building communitues and getting ready for when the game is ready to enter into the next phase. Once th e prelude is over (and I expect that will be when things like combat mechanics and area's for expansion are ready) then PvP will need to be improved but currently it isn't the focus of the game.
    It's like a mantra...

pvp is not the focus of the game.
    quit concerning yourself with this pvp.
    we dont need pvp to craft, so why is it even in.
    mmmmpvpisgriefingwhywouldyouwanttopvpinxsyonmmmm

your jedi mind trick no worky on me evil anon hopi alt account!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    It's like a mantra...

pvp is not the focus of the game.
    quit concerning yourself with this pvp.
    we dont need pvp to craft, so why is it even in.
    Lets see...you have gear to better protect yourself from...PVP
    Weapon crafting and weapons are for...PVP
    You are building forts and fortifications for...PVP
    You have a tribe and build alliances for...you got it PVP!

You cannot seriously tell me that you would be happy with this game to just stand around and craft for no reason and chit chat. If it were up to most of us the safe area around totem poles would be taken away. I think focusing on issues at hand and not opening the green mist yet till the population calls for it. rubby123 gets a big amen from me.

now this is truly amusing.