Thread: Cloth Tarp

Cloth Tarp

I hate cloth tarp with a fiery passion. Seriously, the cloth you get from junk piles is completely random, and you need 4 of the same kind of cloth. You have to sit there and sort it for an hour and then do it again so you can get more, not to mention all the tarps have to be the same too.

I have no problem with working for anything else, its just this is a real pain to make... CURSE YOU CLOTH TARP!

He talked about making a "patch work" tarp that would allow mixing of cloth for tarps because color has no effect on finished item that uses tarps.

Yes, I think a patchwork tarp with lower quality (when that's finally added) is in the works.

You can actually make scraps, using the bedsheets cloths. And they all come out as white cloth scraps

Yeah, I hope they eventually see the wisdom in removing all of these artificial-difficulty barriers...unless they make color AND materials used matter in game (ie...why do I need 28 of the SAME pole to make a tent...or the same number of stakes?)

But yes, the cloth thing is completely nuts at the moment...

yea i built 4 teepees and it took me a few days to get all the tarps for it

How about everything is just white and if you want different color you implement a dye system so you don't need to worry about all those damn colors to sort through.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    How about everything is just white and if you want different color you implement a dye system so you don't need to worry about all those damn colors to sort through.
    hopefully one day probally with cotton from farming and wool from sheep and hemp from pot then add in dye to the colors you want.

Having just begun my first tent I must say I agree with all the rest that the tarp issue is overwhelming.

Patchwork is a good idea, but, wouldnt it be simpler to add a recipe to turn string into cloth. This way all cloth that is turned into scraps is already white, Scraps into thread, thread into string, string into cloth. ALL white. Very likely this cloth method would NOT have stats however. Thus also keeping a reason to do things the harder method for 'quality'

Brings to mind also a possible 'loop' for grinding. Easily avoided as well. Simply takes MORE string to create cloth than you could possibly get out of scrapping cloth.

IDK sounds like a solution for all. Clothiers still get thier myriad variety of materials for clothing, Tarp makers get an easier solution for their tarps than farming 3 days to make one tent.....

I like dyes as well then which can be used on that white cloth to make colors maybe not currently available. That would it seems require a LOT more work to implement.