Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psyrox2k View Post
    This strengthens my post http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll-the-problem it seems when you guys are making the server try to move more data by running long distances or changing zones, you lost network connectivity (I'm guessing but that's what's happening to me) and "crashing". Technically it's not crashing at all, the server thinks you are disconnected because it's not sending data, and therefore not receiving data, and you are going to a login screen.

Someone please confirm this part, are you guys getting dumped to a login screen, or are you getting Windows error reports and completely crashing to desktop?

The devs should be asking these questions ><

I agree, in large part due to multiple issues. Loading Entities hang that everyone has been getting, at some point, pulls almost no system resources and crawls forward at that point. Individual bandwidth, when Xsyon first opens, it pulls like normal, and then suddenly bottlenecks right when Loading Entities comes up, as well.

If that theory is correct, then it's a matter of coding. Likely something in the ' loading optimization ' that was done. De-syncing users to the point the server thinks they're not connected? Also, if the game isn't pulling the amount of resources from your PC required to run it, then you could also crash to desktop. Coding is odd like that. The game doesn't naturally just pull everything -- it only pulls X amount needed to run, and pulls more if needed up to X limit ( that I've seen thus far ).

I crashed while standing still, sorting my backs. So this was not connected to zone change.
    And its a CTD, little window pops up saying something like "A problem has occured with Xsyon" with the two options "Search online for a solution" or "Exit the program" (i got a german OS, so these are not the exact wordings)

Yeah again i have had a few more.. this has also only been sicne the patch that fixed msot fo the lag.. That was days ago now and the server has not been rebooted since. I tried to play last night but tool 30 mins to get it only to be laggy as hell.

Think they need to start rebooting theirs servers at least once day like msot other mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    Yeah again i have had a few more.. this has also only been sicne the patch that fixed msot fo the lag.. That was days ago now and the server has not been rebooted since. I tried to play last night but tool 30 mins to get it only to be laggy as hell.

Think they need to start rebooting theirs servers at least once day like msot other mmos.
    Most MMO's actually don't restart their servers until there's a new patch or update out. Servers, and server operating systems, generally don't take well to being shut down, even if it's in a restart. That's my own personal experience with servers, however. There are a few exceptions to this, such as EVE, which does nightly cleaning.

I don't think server restarts would actually fix the lag. I think, at this point, it's just a combination of things -- with the large thing being something coding or network related that's bottlenecking badnwidth, ram, or cpu useage to the Xsyon servers.

well ok the last load of mmos i played do server restarted everyday.

Darkfall
    Age of Conan
    EQ2
    Now i only played wow on release for a month but that used to have shut down once a week for like half a day.
    SWG used to

cant remember all the other MMOS i played but im pretty sure msot had downtime every day for maintenance..

But yes its a combination of things but it slowly built up after the last time the servers where restarted.. before the patch it used to build up in like half hour but after it took about a day before it got really bad, now after a weekend of no restarts i was basically unable to play last night. Tho they did say it was not server laod related so we can rule that out...

Anyway guess this should be for another topic...

i'm crashing to desktop every time.. never dumped to login. Sometimes it says "can't load ground level for zone" when I switch zones. Other times it's a windows exception.. and even one time it was just a blank red box.

Never dropping me to the login screen.

Also continued happening after the server shutdown last night..

yep random crashes Win 7 32 bit, never did until this patch

Xsyon Citizen
    Win XP 32, Pentium 4.

Have always randomly crashed upon login, about 1/3 - 1/2 the time. No change since last patch.

Have never crashed once in-game.

Currently averaging roughly 2-3 frames per second.

This game is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by psyrox2k View Post
    This strengthens my post http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll-the-problem it seems when you guys are making the server try to move more data by running long distances or changing zones, you lost network connectivity (I'm guessing but that's what's happening to me) and "crashing". Technically it's not crashing at all, the server thinks you are disconnected because it's not sending data, and therefore not receiving data, and you are going to a login screen.

Someone please confirm this part, are you guys getting dumped to a login screen, or are you getting Windows error reports and completely crashing to desktop?

The devs should be asking these questions ><
    The message i get is: Xsyon has stopped working. Then crash to desktop. It doesn't always happen when crossing zone boundaries. Sometimes crossing is no problem, sometimes it crashes when not crossing. The only common thing seems to be prolonged running or swimming.

We did a Run around the lake two days ago, when we started entering the 3 zone the crashes occuring at each zone transition for random members depending when we crashed last.

We started with 15 people, the crashes were bad then. then slowly moved around the lake and it widdled back down to 3 people, as we went down in the number of people "zoneing" at one time the crashes became less frequent.

This was a windows "you application has stopped responding and will be forced to close" message. i needed to wait for the "already logged in" error to go away since everyone else said that we were still running in place on there screen.