Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage

I like how it is now. Now they only need to fix the lag and desync's and slower the combat a bit so parry and dodging becomes usefull. Atm its a dual wield smash fest and who has good movement and aim ( and luck) wins

too bad preorder weps are still crazy overpowered and will never decay

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Yay Naked Zerg grief fest!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Yay Naked Zerg grief fest!

I'd like to have some combat gloves as well. If unarmed combat is in the game as a legitimate form of fighting, it should get some weapon love. It seems ridiculous that anyone with a weapon has two different skills to put points into that both buff the damage output. Either that, or they should remove the skill "Armed Combat' altogether and just leave it as the specific types of weapons.

The advantage unarmed has is attack speed, with no need to equip a weapon. Adding uber gloves will just make it over powered, then everyone will go unarmed

If we make Unarmed damage equal to a similar level weapon, nobody will use weapons.

If we make Unarmed do less damage than a similar level weapon, nobody will use Unarmed.

Perhaps Unarmed combat is meant for RP, not for "real" fighting. We can organise bare-knuckle prize fights in the town square.

unarmed is what it is. Unarmed combat should never do as much damage as armed. I don't care if you're Bruce Lee. If I puch you in the face it may smash and break bones, but if i hit you in the face with an axe it's not even comparable. Leave it as it is and remove starter weapons altogether. That way the punkass naked zergers will be at a DISADVANTAGE as they should be.

Axe > Fists.

And that's the way it should be.

I agree.. weapons should do more damage..

I do wonder though when it got changed.. it isn't how it was, thats all I was trying to confirm.

My only gripe is, a person that pre-ordered using a regular weapon does alittle more damage than an unarmed person... an armed person with a pre-order weapon does an insane amount of damage over the unarmed person.. even if the person didn't spec the preorder weapon LOL..

Using a pre-order blade that I had 0 skill in and 0 armed combat versus a friend starting with 25 unarmed combat. We had the same stats.
    I wtf pwned him. It wasn't even close... thats me using a preorder didn't spec in versus someone with 25 skill.

A person that pre-ordered and chooses unarmed combat is basically gimping themself because they do not get the benifits of the added damage via the pre-order weapon.
    Unarmed combat might be cool one day if they fix combat and you get a Kick or something added that would bump the damage a bit sometimes but in its current state
    its not a good idea to use.

Please enlighten me.. If I am wrong or over looked something or mybe my couple of tests weren't a good enough look at it.. I am trying to understand this myself and would like more input.

I think fists should be for whenever they add the ability to be knocked out instead of killed.

I suppose the same should go for some clubs too. Hmm.