Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Loading entities = stealth queue

There, I said it.

I disagree. I think its more of a lack of optimization on the "entities" that are being loaded. I really do not even think the specs of the users computer noticeably contributes to this either.

Easy now on the conspiracy making

Takes longer and longer because there are more and more entities in the world.. the stuff we are putting everywhere, housing, walls, baskets, logs, etc, etc, etc, etc

Makes sense..

I was thinking this yesterday, but know what? It would be far less irritating to see a queue number pop up during peak hours, so I'm not buying into the conspiracy. But if you happen to have a pamphlet, I'll take it with me and perhaps I'll read it later!

Not sure if this is true but during peak times it takes me up to 30min and on low pop times like 2am it takes 2 min hmmmmmmmmm.

I considered this, though I wouldn't EXPECT it of the devs, I would kinda expect them to have made a mistake to cause this effect...

Simple reason is that in off peak hours (like lunchtime GMT) my load times are consistently about 2 minutes, whereas 12 hours later when it's peak US time, 10 minutes plus every time.

Lots of other things could cause this, of course, but it does feel like a mechanic is having that effect, even if unintended.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Takes longer and longer because there are more and more entities in the world.. the stuff we are putting everywhere, housing, walls, baskets, logs, etc, etc, etc, etc

Makes sense..
    Nah. It sometimes takes 1 minute and sometimes takes 30.

Today I actually logged in to Xyson - then ordered a Pizza - got it and still waiting on loading - 30 minutes plus

I joined IRC. .. people said they were waiting 20 minutes. .I hit log in and it took me 5. . they were still not in. They were also in zones that people were saying had more lag.
    I don't think it is a queue because of this. Maybe inadvertently acting as a queue for busy zones. . but I am not sure it is intentional.

Also I have a fairly crappy machine by todays standards.