Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the honest opinions on the game, seems there are a few of us checking the forums to see if its a good buy now, or wait a while. Would love to get in early but don't want to burn out before its worth it.

I like Xsyon, but I hate to see the same basic thread responses that I have seen in a dozen or so other games that have shown, "potential".

I can remember back in 2005 Face of Mankind... "Just wait, when xxxxx is in it will do this." Or in 2009, Darkfall Online "When XXXXX is in the game will be soo much better." And more recently Mortal Online, "When XXXX, and XXXX, and XXXX is in the game will be good."

A few of us remember Roma Victor, everyone was waiting for watchtowers and armour for the barbarians that lived north of the wall, that never came.

I dont want to see Xsyon become THAT game. Where everyone responds to threads like this with the same cookie cutter answers, in other words blowing smoke up someones ass, that everything will be better when XXXX feature is added that should have been added on release.

Hate to sound like the negative person here, but I am realist, realistically Xsyon is incomplete. It is, here is that overused and dreaded word, "promising" but its far from done. Again I fear that the developer of another great concept has bit off way more than they can chew.

If $40 is going to make or break your entertainment budget, then I would wait. But If you are like me and can blow $100 on a bar tab and only have a headache to show for it in the morning, and be completely ok with that, then by all means give it a shot. You will have fun with it just trying things out.

If you have time to wait to summer... if you have most social living in game then play in content... if you like grind, lags, exploits, macroses, seen hackers...
    Or if small world size whith plastic water, 5 types of terrain and big lake in middle of this...
    Then you can buy game and have little good time when play first 1-2 weeks and then play as fanboy.
    If you think you be play in game in mentioned featured list - this is not true. Most things ingame now not working or disabled. It have some technical problems.
    Now it some sort of facebook farmer in 3d whithout farming but whith diggin holes.
    No content it is fact.
    I reccomended for all buy this game when it be ready fully. And in most optymistic showns it only be in summer.
    I play in this game and end my subscribers.
    And I know what it is sandbox. DF - more then year in top ally in leader roles, H&H main city builder and pvp one of main fighter of our ally, UO - just play, MO - little play, M&B - long play from betas of this games, Eve-online - have few spies in different ally (almost all). And this is only most intresting projects for me. Other games I dont want mention. Spend many years on it too(
    So I know what must be sandbox game and what really situation whith Xsyon now.