Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JonTaggart View Post
    Good day, I've been researching Xsyon since I heard about it a few days ago. I just have a few questions concerning the game itself, and I would like your honest opinions about whether to purchase the game and play it now, or wait a little while until more content is added or "unlocked". $40 is a bit steep for an MMO in my experience.

Also, I'd be very appreciative, if you answered some of the following questions.

1. I started playing MMOs with Ultima Online, and played it for 8 years. I fancy challenging games like EVE Online and Darkfall. I also enjoyed my time playing A Tale in the Desert, but left because I didn't like my work getting "reset" and deleted, as well as Wurm Online, but I didn't like constantly maintaining my buildings every day and taking hours finding edible food. Would this game be a good fit? I do enjoy crafting and trading with players, but I understand one must eat and drink to survive. Is that troublesome? I don't find it so, but we are stocked up on fish - when decay comes in it might be a problem. There again when cooking comes in it might not be a problem.
    2. Is joining a tribe a requirement? While I enjoy social interaction just as much as the next fellow, I like accomplishing things and exploring on my own, rather than having everything handed to me as soon as I join one. We're in a small tribe (as in two people) and in our surrounding zones there are a ton of homesteads and a couple of bigger tribes. We actually look out for each other and give warning when the naked marauders start rampaging (to be fair they appear to be more looking for bears than us).
    3. How is the lag now? I understand it was pretty bad at times, but the developers fixed it just a few days ago. I think it more specific circumstances now rather than everyone experiencing it all the time. For example switching zones does something weird but not right away, like 100 m into the new zone. And certain zones appear to have bigger problems (I'm guessing this is due to population). That kind of thing. That said every day is an adventure because sometimes when they fix stuff they break something new
    4. I see this game is full loot PVP, which I have no problem with as I grew up on Ultima Online for 8 years, but will there be some implementation of safe zones? I know the Homestead as well as Tribe territory are the current safe zones, but will those change after Prelude?

5. As for Homesteads, how do they work? What can be done with them? Are they simply a place for stuff to be stored or can they be fortified or expanded in some way? Can I build various stations to make my crafting more efficient? As for space, will a new player in six months have no trouble finding a good spot to place one? Someone else answered on what you can do - for the Stations I'm assuming you mean crafting workstations and they are not in game right now - but I remember reading something about woodworker and mason getting some recipes at some point for stuff inside the buildings including stations.
    And now for the most important question: Would you recommend purchasing the game now, or waiting a little bit longer?

We're having a ton of fun. Don't regret our spending decision, though I did have to calm my husband down a week or so ago when we got booted for like the umpteenth server restart just as he'd learned a new recipe. There are still occasional rollbacks (now usually they only go back 10 minutes in time) and if you can't handle that then wait some more.
    Thank you very much for reading and I look forward to your responses.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for the honest opinions on the game, seems there are a few of us checking the forums to see if its a good buy now, or wait a while. Would love to get in early but don't want to burn out before its worth it.

I like Xsyon, but I hate to see the same basic thread responses that I have seen in a dozen or so other games that have shown, "potential".

I can remember back in 2005 Face of Mankind... "Just wait, when xxxxx is in it will do this." Or in 2009, Darkfall Online "When XXXXX is in the game will be soo much better." And more recently Mortal Online, "When XXXX, and XXXX, and XXXX is in the game will be good."

A few of us remember Roma Victor, everyone was waiting for watchtowers and armour for the barbarians that lived north of the wall, that never came.

I dont want to see Xsyon become THAT game. Where everyone responds to threads like this with the same cookie cutter answers, in other words blowing smoke up someones ass, that everything will be better when XXXX feature is added that should have been added on release.

Hate to sound like the negative person here, but I am realist, realistically Xsyon is incomplete. It is, here is that overused and dreaded word, "promising" but its far from done. Again I fear that the developer of another great concept has bit off way more than they can chew.

If $40 is going to make or break your entertainment budget, then I would wait. But If you are like me and can blow $100 on a bar tab and only have a headache to show for it in the morning, and be completely ok with that, then by all means give it a shot. You will have fun with it just trying things out.

If you have time to wait to summer... if you have most social living in game then play in content... if you like grind, lags, exploits, macroses, seen hackers...
    Or if small world size whith plastic water, 5 types of terrain and big lake in middle of this...
    Then you can buy game and have little good time when play first 1-2 weeks and then play as fanboy.
    If you think you be play in game in mentioned featured list - this is not true. Most things ingame now not working or disabled. It have some technical problems.
    Now it some sort of facebook farmer in 3d whithout farming but whith diggin holes.
    No content it is fact.
    I reccomended for all buy this game when it be ready fully. And in most optymistic showns it only be in summer.
    I play in this game and end my subscribers.
    And I know what it is sandbox. DF - more then year in top ally in leader roles, H&H main city builder and pvp one of main fighter of our ally, UO - just play, MO - little play, M&B - long play from betas of this games, Eve-online - have few spies in different ally (almost all). And this is only most intresting projects for me. Other games I dont want mention. Spend many years on it too(
    So I know what must be sandbox game and what really situation whith Xsyon now.

Do not ever buy this game. Loss of money and time. This game is awful. You won't find anything interesting in it. Only bugs, grief and total absence of any idea or goal.

Wait a little longer, it's currently paid beta right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Wait a little longer, it's currently paid alpha right now.
    FTFY. Much more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    FTFY. Much more accurate.
    Again...

This is not a Alpha stage game.

Alpha would be FAR worse. For those of you who have NEVER been in a alpha stage test, this isnt bad. At least the server is up more than its down.

Over the past 15 years I have been in 7 different alpha stage tests on games. You should have seen the original Starcraft alpha. It was HORRID!