Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TAGS?

TAGS?

Pvp has been introduced and now there is the problem to know who is your enemy and who's not.
    When will we able to see tags on characters?

Hopefully never, ever.
    If you don't know who's your friend and who's your enemy, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurah View Post
    Pvp has been introduced and now there is the problem to know who is your enemy and who's not.
    When will we able to see tags on characters?
    Never, this is probaly an intentet counterbalance to the zerg. So get organised!

i would just like to see, when you mouseover someone...

currently you just see toon name:

Dubanka

All i want to see is:

Dubanka
    VD

i dont want to see some crest or colors or some gaudy overhead thing, or see it a mile away.

When i get close enough to identify a toon, i want to be able to see who they belong to.

Stop trying to carebear the game. Have your tribe wear the same color when you fight so you can identify.

Theres already two threads about this subject in the suggestions pile, what are you mods paid for!

it does need to made clear who is an enemy and who is not, afterall anyone could be wearing the same armor and colors as your mate so how are you suppose to know?

Sure pointing your mouse at a person does bring up the name but you gotta be very close. I know in real life i can spot mates from quite far away and spot people i dont like at the saem disatance lol.. to emulate this in game they need to do somthing.. sure tags might be going too far but somthing similar to darkfall would be good you still need to point your mouse at them but it can be done over a longer distance.

I've searched in 4-5 pages and did not find threads about tags (or did not see ); I remember there was one, maybe is closed, don't know.
    Btw, I know who are my mates, I can remember if some players are friendly or not, but I can't remember all names of all tribes/clans and new members that they get.

I dont understand why people keep asking for this, basically you want to be able to pick your team mates out in a fight which will basially help with the zerg.

They should remove names from characters unless they Friend you. Wear the same colors, we dont need tags above characters.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    it does need to made clear who is an enemy and who is not, afterall anyone could be wearing the same armor and colors as your mate so how are you suppose to know?

Sure pointing your mouse at a person does bring up the name but you gotta be very close. I know in real life i can spot mates from quite far away and spot people i dont like at the saem disatance lol.. to emulate this in game they need to do somthing.. sure tags might be going too far but somthing similar to darkfall would be good you still need to point your mouse at them but it can be done over a longer distance.
    No No No, in real life you dont point to some one and there name pops up over there head.
    In real life you walk in to a store and see your friend john and go "John, John.... Hey John" and then walk up to them and tap them on the sholder and then whey they turn around..... "hey wait your not john my bad"

the care bears need to stop carebearing up in the game.

You can spot them a mine away because you have good eye sight and know how they dress.

No No No, in real life you dont point to some one and there name pops up over there head.
    In real life you walk in to a store and see your friend john and go "John, John.... Hey John" and then walk up to them and tap them on the sholder and then whey they turn around..... "hey wait your not john my bad"

the care bears need to stop carebearing up in the game.

You can spot them a mine away because you have good eye sight and know how they dress.

you still need to point your mouse at them but it can be done over a longer distance.
    I find it MASSIVELY inconvenient in terms of ambushes, but simultaneously, no thank you @ spotting people over a longer distance. Not least because target aquisition will get botted too easily (anyone remember when they put spotting into Battlefield? Spam Q -> map lights up with enemies... )... More importantly because it's not realistic.

What we need is a proper local chat that is literally hearing range dependent, preferably that doesn't even use character names (shouting 'Who goes there' should not reveal WHO you are, only WHERE you are), and as said, a tribe name when the name is in range. We have to accept that the graphics in this game are NOT realistic, so you cannot rely on your ability to recognise faces.

In reality we're programmed to know a person not just by their face but by the way they walk, even over half a mile. You can't use that in game, so we have to throw a tiny bit of realism out the window in the name of better gameplay, especially when people tend to never fare more than 10 seconds from their safe zone and declaring your presence in local chat or running over, waiting for the glitchy name tag to appear, then searching through a list of all friendly tribe members, BEFORE attacking, is kind of the best way of failing :/