Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update

Hahaha...oh yeah??? CoD: Black OPS? That only took 4mo to fix.

Let me add on a less sarcastic note, the game works. It works well, like I said, on my rig. Because you're having issues doesn't mean it's not working.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it works fine-ish for most people. My rig is way under most of the people here and I don't have any graphics lag.

I think a response a week is acceptable, but I also think we have all the information we need. "Things aren't working and we're fixing them... we'll get back to you when it's fixed with a crap ton of more upcoming fixes that we have planned". They haven't posted anything because it's not done. That's enough for me. Being impatient is only going to hurt yourself.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Let me add on a less sarcastic note, the game works. It works well, like I said, on my rig. Because you're having issues doesn't mean it's not working.
    Actually, if there's a whole class of computers that meet and exceed the stated system requirements, but will not run Xsyon, that does mean it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    ...but I also think we have all the information we need. "Things aren't working and we're fixing them... we'll get back to you when it's fixed with a crap ton of more upcoming fixes that we have planned". They haven't posted anything because it's not done. That's enough for me. Being impatient is only going to hurt yourself.
    Actually a timeframe would be quite helpful to players who wish to plan their play time, and it is probably well within the devs' ability, even if it is something like "We have been unable to identify the source of extremely poor graphics performance on systems that previously worked fine, and it may take several weeks or more to come up with a working fix."

without getting into the semantics dance with regard to some of the issue/non-issue points above...

as a project manager, when i'm in a tricky spot, or murphy is showing up and all is not going according to plan, it's always best to communicate early and often with the client...it is their money after all. Everyone usually tends to get less pissed about shit happening, when at least they were in the know as to what was going on.

Bottom line, when you communicate with your customer base they tend to give you a little more slack...unfortunately the perception that goes with silence is not typically one of 'they're working their ass off'...perception of silence + no (visible) activity = they must think everything is fine and are taking a nap.

I agree. At all times communication is the best avenue. Xsyon has been quite communicative during the process of developing this game. Just because the game launched and they're working their asses off doesnt mean that policy should change in any way. Im even ok with something like "Update: Too tired to work, will sleep for 16 hours straight then get back to solving bug X regarding feature Z. Have a nice day".

Of course this would span a wide array of trolling and complaints and refund begging but after the "snow complaint", I think the Devs know what to expect from this community, so....keep us informed, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    without getting into the semantics dance with regard to some of the issue/non-issue points above...

as a project manager, when i'm in a tricky spot, or murphy is showing up and all is not going according to plan, it's always best to communicate early and often with the client...it is their money after all. Everyone usually tends to get less pissed about shit happening, when at least they were in the know as to what was going on.

Bottom line, when you communicate with your customer base they tend to give you a little more slack...unfortunately the perception that goes with silence is not typically one of 'they're working their ass off'...perception of silence + no (visible) activity = they must think everything is fine and are taking a nap.
    I get your point, and if I hired someone to make something for me I would expect daily updates. Frankly tho, 2 - 4 updates per week from a game company is fairly well impressive. The fact it's been 2 days and people act like they've packed up, moved to Thailand and are at this moment snorting blow offa hooker's ass is kinda jumping the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    I get your point, and if I hired someone to make something for me I would expect daily updates. Frankly tho, 2 - 4 updates per week from a game company is fairly well impressive. The fact it's been 2 days and people act like they've packed up, moved to Thailand and are at this moment snorting blow offa hooker's ass is kinda jumping the gun.
    Yeah... i feel this way. I would definitely want constant updates if I hired people, but for this game they give plenty of updates... I'd probably be curious after about a week.

Also keep in mind, this is a small team, normally on projects like Dubanka is talking about, the project manager does not tend to be a major contributor,(gross over-simplification, almost criminally so, follows) they are simply process monitoring, and raise flags when risks are identified or the timeline is going to be/is impacted.

I agree, as customers we are all stake holders, we have paid for a product and will be paying for an ongoing service, but I believe that given the size of the team and the resources available, I would prefer a quick update saying "we're working on it" in place of a major contributor being out in order to present detail into everything they are supposed to be working on.

On that note, there are much larger companies with larger teams that have provided, and continue to provide, less information on a less frequent basis, while from a PM stance, I think communication could improve by bringing in a dedicated PM, as a game company making an MMO, I wish other publishers would take note on how well this one communicates with their client base!

My system is the bare minimum of what is listed as system requirements and I do not have framerate issues. Some of you may want to recheck you hardware/drivers/ect and maybe lower a graphic setting or two if your having problems.

they give plenty of updates
    any complaint whatsoever about the topic is just plain stupid
    post a bug report and you'll be notified of the fix...&c when it happens. If there is no update they're busy, if they post news then they're about to update the game or tell about an extended period in which they will then upload one.