Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update

Update

Sat. Afternoon was most recent update.

March 19 2011

Hello everyone!

A quick update for today just to keep all of you informed:

For the most part, lag has been taken care of. We are still experiencing lag at peak hours, but we've made huge improvements over this past week.

We are focusing on a few things right now:

Server optimizations to further reduce lag and increase overall performance.
    Client / DirectX optimizations to increase client performance for both loading and frame rate.
    Fixing critical bugs.

The art team is primarily working on preparing expansion territories.

When these critical issues are under control, I will post a longer update about what features and improvements we'll be working on for the near future.

Enjoy!
    I would like and update on the framerate situation, as it is making the game completely unplayable for several of my guildies, lag is of course a constant annoyance - the game still is not consistently smooth to do anything involving any degree of twitch reaction with any level of consistency, and the loading entities issue is horribly annoying.

I know my clients like daily updates when dealing with trouble spots, or high exposure items...as the consumer here, i'd jsut like a quick update on what you've done for me today since yesterday is old news.

Xsyon Citizen
    Any communication would be appreciated, game is still badly playabel in GMT primetime ( the time i can play )
    So it has been silent for a while now and no improvement on performance, i am getting worried ?
    latest update they didnt communicat anything, rollback also no communication.

they're either in Jamaica, the hospital from sleep deprivation, or working on it.

Hard to keep momentum going when you're starving us of information Mr Dev.

Please throw us a bone.

He told us in his last update, just over two days ago, what they are working on. If they have nothing ready to go all he can do is reiterate what was written there. We know they're working, what they are working on and that he will update us when he has something to report. So why act like they are keeping us in the dark?

Xsyon Citizen
    Generally, "I'll get back to you when I'm done" is not seen as an acceptable form of "progress report".

When its a major issue like this its a good idea to keep your community updated with every..

Even just a "hey all still worknig on the issues here we hope to have somthing to push to the servers pretty soon"

Instead we get nothing but a game that we can hardly play because of fps and lag issues.

Please talk to us devs

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    When its a major issue like this its a good idea to keep your community updated with every..

Even just a "hey all still worknig on the issues here we hope to have somthing to push to the servers pretty soon"

Instead we get nothing but a game that we can hardly play because of fps and lag issues.

Please talk to us devs
    The devs post more than once a week, that's more than I can say about any dev team that I've ever seen

You make it sound like everyone is having major issues, I don't think that's true. That said, I'm not trying to downplay the need to fix the issues that are there. I know I'm have no fps issues and when I do get lag anymore it's seldom more than a second delay. I'm sure when the issues aren't common to everyone it makes it more difficult to fix.

Xsyon Citizen
    Most other dev teams have games that work @ their stated system requirements.