Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post
    Lack of item decay (aka no items ever leave the system) means that there are more items that the game must constantly track, which doesn't do anything to help performance.

The major issue I see with decay not being turned on is the economy. Right now in-game there is very little supply/demand for anything, and that will only get worse. Once a games economy crashes, it is close to impossible to fix. Right now the only thing keeping the economy stable long term is the fact that most people leveling up their skills atm are DESTROYING everything that they make (because there is nothing else to do with it all).

I realize I'm coming from a crafting perspective (I could care less about pvp), but unless something happens soon, nothing short of a wipe will fix Xsyons economy (and that of course would make people quit). Ultimately that will cause the game to fail. Don't believe me? Take a walk around a bit. How many "Trading Post" tribes/homesteads did you find? Without a working economy, all of those people are gone. At current pace, by the time decay is implemented, everyone will be max skill and have recipes for everything. At that point, item decay is pretty meaningless as everyone can create anything.
    Yeah there needs to be several things for economy: Item Decay and Skill Decay, better combat system, worth and value to armor & weapons, and trading tools such as carts, stands, etc to showcase items for sale. A huge problem I see with trading tribes is that they are just a silent tribe in the mountains that has many baskets scattered around - would be nice for them to be able to transport the goods, have stands, or a simple rug that they can sell their items on.

I'm unsure about how the economy will go without an official currency, I feel that it will be difficult for currencies to have value when a tribe is only accepting one currency. It's a cool idea to have different currencies, but I feel that it will only discourage trading when one tribe ignores another tribe's currency. Right now not a lot of items have a clear value, to one person the items important for their skill and craft, but to another it's simply a piece of junk wasting space that can be destroyed.

People dont realize that Prelude means the build up to the start......

This isn't full on go time, this is time to work on stuff and build up to the begining of the game, they should have called it Prequel so people would understand. go build your home/town/tribe what not. work on the things you need so your not out destroying the forest around you because you need wood.

the scrap piles will go away, item decay will be turned on and the game will shift into hard mode from there.

were building the future world of the game right now.

I just wish some one would go and change the names of the cities out there with "LOL IM SO COOL TRIBE" but i guess thats the problem with player created worlds.