Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re:Combat Mode and other requests and issues.

Freaked21 wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:
    Penalizing people for running in combat would be a good idea.

But the penalties for doing so should be very steep, if I were running in circles swinging my weapon wildly I would be much less effective than the person that is standing still and timing attacks.

As for the idea of a map marker being placed on a PK instead of the other penalties, there are a few things wrong with this.

1. There is still no reson to not randomly kill everyone, yes you'll get people hunting you and you'll probably die more often, but if there are no penalties then this means nothing and you will continue to be evil.

2. this promotes zerging, if someone kills you, your tribe see's it and everyone mounts up and zergs after the guy because you're on vent going "Oh noes I got killed GET HIM GET HIM"

The system EVE uses is a good one, it allows you to put a bounty on their head, but doesn't have a migical map marker, and it is coupled with penalties, (item loss, skill loss, etc.)

The fact is, that without penalties there is no reason to not be evil, if I don't lose anything when I die then why not just kill everyone I see?
    So there are no death penalties in place right now?
    I was replying to Brutix's post, please read all posts before making one of your own.

The combat system has already been tweaked. The forum-server rollback nixed the post (or I just can't find it). "Run" speed during combat is now the same as normal "run" speed, if I remember correctly. Xsyon said more tweaks and balances are to come. It sounded as if he was going to try some more ideas with stamina usage while swinging, etc.

Just to throw my two cents in, I think it would be a good idea to do something like mount and blade has(just this one aspect) that when a person raises the sword/weapon to strike, they are slowed momentarily.

No run speed decreases just a slight decrease so eventually if you continue to swing and someone is running they can outpace you. THis needs to be ever so slight though, something like a 10-20% decrease in speed during the swing.