Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Combat Mode and other requests and issues.

Yinn wrote:
    In terms of fleeing Im talking about the people who don't want to PvP at all, and when you go to attack they just never enter combat mode. So your stuck being super slow and they get to run away everytime you go to hit them.

That needs changed, Id say remove combat mode completely and find away to put combat into the game with out a mode.
    Perhaps it was planned this way intentionally ?

Jadzia wrote:
    Yinn wrote:
    In terms of fleeing Im talking about the people who don't want to PvP at all, and when you go to attack they just never enter combat mode. So your stuck being super slow and they get to run away everytime you go to hit them.

That needs changed, Id say remove combat mode completely and find away to put combat into the game with out a mode.
    indeed, the idea of combat mode is to allow those who want to run away to do so.

Virtus wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Yinn wrote:

indeed, the idea of combat mode is to allow those who want to run away to do so.
    Thanks, this sounds great

Virtus wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Yinn wrote:

But will my trained pack of wolves be able to continue to attack as they flee?

question: how long does it take to go into, and out of combat mode? can someone run up, enter combat mode, hit someone, then that person start to run and the attacker exit combat mode fast enough to keep up, and toggle combat mode on/hit/off in order to run them down?

Is there a skill or way to move faster in combat mode?

-Jes

jessebfox wrote:
    question: how long does it take to go into, and out of combat mode? can someone run up, enter combat mode, hit someone, then that person start to run and the attacker exit combat mode fast enough to keep up, and toggle combat mode on/hit/off in order to run them down?

Is there a skill or way to move faster in combat mode?

-Jes
    No you cant, combat mode is way to slow for that. There is a major problem here because you get someone down to 1 hit left, and they turn and run and nothing you can do about it.

That's not right at all. I think you should be able to attack on the run BUT you run out of stamina very fast while the runner doesn't. Thus if they want they could chase you down a bit, but couldn't really fight you the whole time and kill you fully on the run.

But we will see as more things come into play.

this has many variables including character stats

There is no entering combat mode time

being hurt should lower your energy regain so that you cannot run far or fast thus leaving you as easy prey. This will stop hit and run attempts.

Derek wrote:
    Ranged attack
    Sweet!, then we will have another MMO to add to the list where Ranged > melee and melee is severely flawed and underpowered.

Virtus wrote:
    This is a heavy carebear feature, that I personally don't like and I know a lot of others would be on my side. Now if we had a skill that allowed us to run while in combat mode I would be happy to invest in that and leave this alone.

And yes I understand that I could pull out a bow or whatever and shoot my target, but then melee will be flawed and almost every fight will come down to ranged fighting, just like 90% of the MMOs out there.

Also what about weapon cooldowns on swings? Is this being implemented? I don't want it to be like Fallen Earth where you can dual wield pipes go up and kill a target in less then a second because you can click really fast.

All n all this combat mode thing needs to be heavily revised or have some kind of run feature added. Its current state is a big game breaker for me and would completely make this game unbearable to play.

right now the speed does need to be tweaked and it will probably be timer based. So that you can only hit once per second or something.

Virtus wrote:
    right now the speed does need to be tweaked and it will probably be timer based. So that you can only hit once per second or something.
    That's a great step forward, from what it currently looks like.

If this keeps up then Ill be happy.

Thank You Virtus.