Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Combat Mode and other requests and issues.

Im not in this phase of the game play so I don't have too much experiance. But from what I've gathered is in order to attack you have to enter a combat mode.

From what testers are saying in vent is that when your in combat mode you are slow and clunky in terms of movement and speed. My solution was to tap the combat mode key when you know you can gt some hits in then tap it again to move about. In the vent ch this was viewed as a exploit.

So why not change it to be faster more fluent movement for combat mode, instead of the slow and cluncky. More so on par with the current run speed in the game.

Other have requested quicker reaction time to parry and blocking, and making it more responsive. As well as slow down the attack speed of weapons.

Also, make it to where by default you run instead of holding down a key to run. Make it so you have to hold a key to walk and sprint and run as the default.

Re:Combat Mode and other requests.

Yinn wrote:
    Im not in this phase of the game play so I don't have too much experiance. But from what I've gathered is in order to attack you have to enter a combat mode.

From what testers are saying in vent is that when your in combat mode you are slow and clunky in terms of movement and speed. My solution was to tap the combat mode key when you know you can gt some hits in then tap it again to move about. In the vent ch this was viewed as a exploit.

So why not change it to be faster more fluent movement for combat mode, instead of the slow and cluncky. More so on par with the current run speed in the game.

Other have requested quicker reaction time to parry and blocking, and making it more responsive. As well as slow down the attack speed of weapons.

Also, make it to where by default you run instead of holding down a key to run. Make it so you have to hold a key to walk and sprint and run as the default.
    Yeas, MMO's that make you hold a button to run have always annoyed me. I'd much rather it be the default and hold down a button to walk, or just make them all triggers.

Re:Combat Mode and other requests.

This also occurred to me right before I went to bed.

If you enter combat mode to attack a player and they want to run from you, then you'll be stuck there is your chunky slowness while they run off because they didn't enter the mode themselves.

Am I right?

---Update---
    Hitting the R key toggles Auto Run by the way guys. Thanks MrDDT

Re:Combat Mode and other requests and issues.

Yinn wrote:

I don't think this would be considered an exploit since by exiting combat mode to gain faster run speed you are sacrificing the ability to block/parry/attack. It is a trade off that you as a player are choosing to make. unless turning is super slow I don't see it being much of an issue. So long as I can turn fast enough to keep up with your movement I will always be able to hit you when you come back close and enter combat mode, chances are I would even get a free attack while you are switching into combat mode. Also if you are exiting combat mode to flee chances are you are running low on health, I would simply pull out a bow and plop a couple arrows in your back to finish you off.

I guess maybe I just don't see a benefit to needed to toggle in and out. But then again I have never liked square dancing.

Yinn wrote:

If you push R then use W to run it turns run to Default no need to hold a run key.

DDT answered but blah.

In terms of fleeing Im talking about the people who don't want to PvP at all, and when you go to attack they just never enter combat mode. So your stuck being super slow and they get to run away everytime you go to hit them.

That needs changed, Id say remove combat mode completely and find away to put combat into the game with out a mode.

They could make it a little like Mortal Online, and have a skill like combat maneuvering that dictates how fast you move with your weapon drawn (combat mode). And other skills for run speed etc, so that you need to dedicate more skills to be able to do these things. Also give players skills to be able to get away, if they want to invest in a flee ability of some sort.

Just some alternative ideas...

Ranged attack

Im going to post more about combat after combat is in more. Right now it would be like posting about what colour the sky is using blue glasses.

MrDDT wrote:
    Im going to post more about combat after combat is in more. Right now it would be like posting about what colour the sky is using blue glasses.
    That last high rez combat video you posted showed the dodge and punch animations much more clearly. Speed discussion aside, the animations look pretty cool. I likes.