Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

that post from virtus was from 4/3/2011... so 8 days ago makes it old news? The game was released far before he made that posting. I agree, we need Xsyon clarification on this subject.

3rd party programming is such a BROAD spectrum, i mean, just because i have a keyboard/mouse that has the ability to run macroes, regardless of whether i do or do not macro, i can be banned (by your wording) just for owning the software that goes along with the hardware. What about Ventrilo/TS/Mumble? Many of us have used and will continue to use such VOIP's when gaming, and just cause youre telling me i cant... doesnt mean i wont. And frankly the only way you can stop me from doing so is to install spyware software into my files, which i would like to point out is illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Said a bunch of stuff. Not happy with the answer he got from the paid employee he wanted an answer from.
    Is there a nice way to say "Stop being a tool, you got your answer. Sorry it's not the one you were looking to get." FFS, you asked for an answer from a paid employee, you got one man. He's the head Guide, they're the ones that enforce the rules on the GAME SERVER. I would say he'd be the one you want to listen to about IN GAME things, such as macroing. o.O

So if Jordi gives you an answer it's not the one you want, who you gonna ask to hear from then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrianna View Post
    that post from virtus was from 4/3/2011... so 8 days ago makes it old news? The game was released far before he made that posting. I agree, we need Xsyon clarification on this subject.

3rd party programming is such a BROAD spectrum, i mean, just because i have a keyboard/mouse that has the ability to run macroes, regardless of whether i do or do not macro, i can be banned (by your wording) just for owning the software that goes along with the hardware. What about Ventrilo/TS/Mumble? Many of us have used and will continue to use such VOIP's when gaming, and just cause youre telling me i cant... doesnt mean i wont. And frankly the only way you can stop me from doing so is to install spyware software into my files, which i would like to point out is illegal...
    It's not by his wording...it's the TOS. And seriously, are you gonna feign ignorance enough to act like Vent or TS is 3rd party software that you can get banned fo? Well shit, I'm on vent with a clanmate, I just told him where to find tar. Better ban me!!! Everyone who has sense enough to make toast knows what the hell that clause is talking about.
    You macro, just say it. You're trying to justify your macroing program. Suck it up. Yes, you can get banned for macroing...what a novel concept in a game!

Jesus people...

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do happen to agree with you that attended macroing should be allowed, you should start a new thread about it. Where you can discuss whether or not it should be. I dont really think this is the best place for it.
    So we're supposed to create a new thread about macroing, because the macroing thread isnt good enough for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Is there a nice way to say "Stop being a tool, you got your answer. Sorry it's not the one you were looking to get." FFS, you asked for an answer from a paid employee, you got one man. He's the head Guide, they're the ones that enforce the rules on the GAME SERVER. I would say he'd be the one you want to listen to about IN GAME things, such as macroing. o.O

So if Jordi gives you an answer it's not the one you want, who you gonna ask to hear from then?
    Its not about getting an answer that you or i want, its about getting an answer thats not in direct conflict with something another paid employee said.

If
    EMPLOYEE A says one thing and
    EMPLOYEE B says something different then
    EMPLOYEE C needs to confirm with either A or B to create fact of policy

Lol, I'm sorry but I don't share your logic. Raguel said something another employee disagrees, we would like clarification ? I don't find this unreasonable. The fact that threats are being made towards ventrillo and g15 users is a bit concerning for us I don't see why you're not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrianna View Post

Im sorry, I thought it was 4/3/10 not 4/3/11.

Yes, I dont know why such a short amount of time there would be a difference of Staff posting this then.

Clearly we need someone posting this. As right now, I dont know who to believe now.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    The fact that threats are being made towards ventrillo and g15 users is a bit concerning for us I don't see why you're not concerned.
    Here, I'll help clear part of this up for you.

Mods, Guides, hell, Jordi...I use vent in game. I will go and type it into the help channel if need be. I use Vent, if this is against the TOS, please, ban my account because I've been cheating all this time.

There, I'll let you know the outcome asap.

It's not by his wording...it's the TOS. And seriously, are you gonna feign ignorance enough to act like Vent or TS is 3rd party software that you can get banned fo? Well shit, I'm on vent with a clanmate, I just told him where to find tar. Better ban me!!! Everyone who has sense enough to make toast knows what the hell that clause is talking about.
    You macro, just say it. You're trying to justify your macroing program. Suck it up. Yes, you can get banned for macroing...what a novel concept in a game!

Jesus people...
    I can see where he is coming from now.
    2 people paid by the game makers are telling you 2 totally different things that can get you banned. Wouldnt you want to know which one is correct?

Also, where does this 3rd party issue goto? I mean I run fraps. Can I get banned for that? Some games dont allow it. Some games do. TS3, and Ventrilo are 3rd party programs, I doubt you can get banned for them but when he says "ALL" in bold. You have to wonder what the heck he is talking about now.

I think if Jordi gives him the answer and its not the one he wants likely he is going to leave, or not leave. Its simple as that. Or maybe he will cheat until he is forced to leave. Really the only 3 options.

Mods, Guides, hell, Jordi...I use vent in game. I will go and type it into the help channel if need be. I use Vent, if this is against the TOS, please, ban my account because I've been cheating all this time.

That doesnt work because you have people on the forums still playing "DIRT" that have said they use in game macros to play more than 1 account. Yet none of their accounts are banned.

Sure would love to hear your opinion on this matter when you get above 40 weaponcraft and find out at minimum it takes 20k key clicks from 99-100

Seems to me the better of the two options would be to listen to the guy in charge of those who moderate in game activities. This is, of course, unless you're looking for a way around the very common ban on third party macros.

Oneeyedwang, honestly, I'm in no hurry to get to the "top". To be honest, I was pretty disappointed to see some people were maxing crafts like a week and a half after the release. I mean, why race to the top? I'll get there when I get there. If I plan on playing for a long period of time, on a single character, then I have plenty of time to worry about capping skills.

I mean, I'm working on leatherworking, weaponcrafting, terraforming and do a bit of logging. I've got things enough to keep me occupied. I'm not worried about how many "clicks" it takes to reach max in a skill, I'm more worried about my enjoyment level. I've not been grinding anything, and you're a pretty good guesser that I'm at about 40 WC. haha =P

If I remember well Virtus stated somewhere that he is not a paid employee. What if he is a volunteer site admin ?