Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Question on definition:
    Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.
    I, and most players of organized games, utilize teamspeak, or ventrillo, as a means of voice communication.
    The ability to coordinate actions outside of game is THE biggest advantage a team can have...
    Seeing as xsyon does not have an integrated voice chat mechanism, am i to then assume that utilization of such software is prohibited?

You're late Dub, that discussions already going on! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If I remember well Virtus stated somewhere that he is not a paid employee. What if he is a volunteer site admin ?
    If this was handled appropriately and they had good lines of communication and a means to put forward policy to their subscribers would we be having this conversation at all?

I can play the if game too....

Questioning TS, vent or other chat programs seems like a strawman argument to me. We all know the focus of the 3rd party tool rule is about macroing, to claim otherwise is feigning ignorance. That said, The current skill system is flawed, there is no argument about that. I'm all for the higher you are, the harder is gets but quantity doesn't equal difficulty. It is a nostalgic method meant for nostalgic games. What is required is a (I hate to use the term) mini game for crafting. Technology has advanced far enough to create is puzzle like system that gets harder as players progress. This would a.) take away the point-click-point-click drull that is the majority MMO crafting and b.) take away the need or ability to macro these skills.

You want to stop macroing, take away the repetitive 30k same clicks needed to master a skill. Otherwise, reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Questioning TS, vent or other chat programs seems like a strawman argument to me. We all know the focus of the 3rd party tool rule is about macroing, to claim otherwise is feigning ignorance. That said, The current skill system is flawed, there is no argument about that. I'm all for the higher you are, the harder is gets but quantity doesn't equal difficulty. It is a nostalgic method meant for nostalgic games. What is required is a (I hate to use the term) mini game for crafting. Technology has advanced far enough to create is puzzle like system that gets harder as players progress. This would a.) take away the point-click-point-click drull that is the majority MMO crafting and b.) take away the need or ability to macro these skills.

You want to stop macroing, take away the repetitive 30k same clicks needed to master a skill. Otherwise, reap what you sow.
    Pretty sure the reason most companies put in no 3rd party blah blah, is for hacking. Not macroing. Pretty much every game has that line in there, even ones with allow unattended macroing, and attended macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post

it was meant to be

and your absolutely correct. macroing only exists in an environment where there is a reason to macro

dude we got this great concept. we're going to make the players click this button...no, these 4 buttons, in this specific order...100 billion times...yeah thats right 100 billion...and only then will they be the most awesome they can be. yeah man, it's going to totally rock it will be like crazy hard core carpal tunnal man, strong survive and all that.
    theres a macro for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Pretty sure the reason most companies put in no 3rd party blah blah, is for hacking. Not macroing. Pretty much every game has that line in there, even ones with allow unattended macroing, and attended macroing.
    no, as a rule of thumb unattended macroing is almost always illegal. Attended macroing is not, this is a deviation from the norm among similar games and is a new policy being used under a standard TOS clause that is usually directed at hacks,bots,sniffers and general cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    no, as a rule of thumb unattended macroing is almost always illegal. Attended macroing is not, this is a deviation from the norm among similar games and is a new policy being used under a standard TOS clause that is usually directed at hacks,bots,sniffers and general cheats.
    I thought thats what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Think you're misreading. He's saying that the line about 3rd party programs is included in the TOS of games that DO allow unattended macroing; it's generic and intended to cover hacks and bots, not necessarily macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    it was meant to be

and your absolutely correct. macroing only exists in an environment where there is a reason to macro
    This very weak argument has been used time and time again. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it is still not true.

The onus is on you to prove it, but you can't.

Answer this question: How many mmorpgs exist, where you cannot macro?