Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    This very weak argument has been used time and time again. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it is still not true.

The onus is on you to prove it, but you can't.

Answer this question: How many mmorpgs exist, where you cannot macro?
    You can macro anything.
    the question is, does the macro give you a material advantage over someone who isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    You can macro anything.
    the question is, does the macro give you a material advantage over someone who isn't.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

My thoughts on it also. If they didnt care if you macroed or not, but had systems in place to reward people for PLAYING the game, no one would care if you macroed.

If I macroed afk or at the keyboard for 24/7 but only gained 10% of what someone that was actively playing the game did. No one would care at all if I macroed.

if you have "Safezones" you will have macroer.............

Key binding, macroing, and scripting is a lot like speeding. You can go 5 - 9mph over the speed limit and a cop probably won't bother you, however, you go over 10 he'll likely pull you over, once over 20 you're in some...

Fail to follow the road signs and you risk getting caught. Simply follow the rules, and you're fine and dandy.

What I don't understand the whole retardation of questioning whether voip is an issue, for it is obviously not an issue. You people are some serious trolls. I cannot begin to comment on statements in regard. Now before I leave this thread never to turn back I would like to state some of you are in violation of:

Terms of Service
    5. Rules of Conduct:
    18. Encouraging others to break these rules.

maybe if they gave serious repercussions for not being fed/watered it would at least make macroing a bit harder. Maybe a button that pops up every hourish (with a random deviation to prevent macroing of that) that logs you off if you dont answer an easy math question (5+7=?). If you get it wrong (has a 5 minute time out) you get logged out.

I've never used a macro once in 30 years of gaming, I've lost a lot of pvp matches to marcroer's but I've never joined them. I do everything within the game mechanics, but thats not they way ppl see it these days. It's not so much that they want to cheat, they feel they need to cheat so that they can "be uber leet" or whatever the kids are calling it these days. Sure the game mechanics for sandbox's suck and yes it's tedious work, but you just do it.

I have a 100 terraforming, 99 running, 95 jumping, 99 scavenging, fishing 60 and like 25 swimming. Plus most of the my crafting skills are over 40, masonry 83 did it suck yes it did, but I didn't have to macro to do it either.

If you really want to macro, macro I don't really give a shit, but if you happen to beat me in pvp, doesn't make you the most skilled, just remember that when you are beating up on non-macroers. Talent is in the player mostly, but if you have 99armed and 99 blades, skill doesn't matter at that point 2 hits and the other guy is most likely dead, been killed by a few macroers myself already. Just remember you're not a skilled uber leet player, just a macroer on a power trip nothing more and nothing less.

Some say they do it because it hurts to click their mouse over and over again, if you don't have arthritis then it's not a really good excuse to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Which gamer isn't under the influence of macros today..?
    Even the freaking Theme Park MMO's are subjugated to macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Answer this question: How many mmorpgs exist, where you cannot macro?
    I know of one off the top of my head, Darkwind. There is no way you'd be able to come up with a macro to play that game - about the best you'd be able to do is a macro to assign gunners, maybe handle the looting for you, and even that would be pointless.

macroers are the last problems of this game

I really can't believe the trolls in this thread. Even DDT is trolling it up, all we need now is BAC to pop in and we have ourselves a troll party.

I use Ventrilo, I use a software that allows me to bind keys to my mouse buttons, I consistantly use macros that let me assign keys etc. Will I get banned? No. How are they going to know whether or not you are using any of this short of coming to your house and inspecting your computer?

And more importantly why should they care? Sure these give advantages over others, but not anything permanent game wise.

Obviously the TOS is directed towards afk macroers and hackers.

If I want to automate the 70k key clicks it takes to make 5 limestone walls instead of wearing out my hand and mouse, then as long as I'm not afk then that's my buisiness. I still have to go out and gather the materials etc. etc.

Cannot believe this thread has gotten so long on such a stupid, stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    I really can't believe the trolls in this thread. Even DDT is trolling it up, all we need now is BAC to pop in and we have ourselves a troll party.

I use Ventrilo, I use a software that allows me to bind keys to my mouse buttons, I consistantly use macros that let me assign keys etc. Will I get banned? No. How are they going to know whether or not you are using any of this short of coming to your house and inspecting your computer?

And more importantly why should they care? Sure these give advantages over others, but not anything permanent game wise.

Obviously the TOS is directed towards afk macroers and hackers.

If I want to automate the 70k key clicks it takes to make 5 limestone walls instead of wearing out my hand and mouse, then as long as I'm not afk then that's my buisiness. I still have to go out and gather the materials etc. etc.

Cannot believe this thread has gotten so long on such a stupid, stupid argument.

Some people believe in the fact that even if they cant or wont get caught at some thing that they still shouldnt do it.
    Problem is they are pretty much saying for anyone that has morals and follows the rules, that they cant macro even attended. While people like you will gain an advantage (however slight) by using macros just not getting caught. Because there is no real system to stop people like you.

I dont believe in what you are doing, I believe in following the rules. I will follow the rules even if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wouldnt get caught. Because thats just how I play games. I dont believe in cheating.

It is to the point where we are not allowed to use voice chat, IRC, or IM programs. I will quit the game. Likely Im quitting anyways unless macroing is either highly detected, or the 70k key clicks like you say are not changed. But there are people out there that follow the rules.

You are trying to say we are trolling, when all we are trying to get clear what we are allowed to do. Im pro marcos. I even dont care about unattended macroing because I believe the game system should make it sorta worthless to do either. Ive explained before how to do this, its done with rewarding players for actively playing.