Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can you do attended macroing? or what?

Ive heard you could do it as long as you were able to reply to a Guide or a dev.
    last I heard, it seems you can unfortunately.
    so macro your butt off, just make sure to be close enough doing other activities to see the light green text.

Just waiting to hear an official word on it other than that one post..if they are going to allow it, might as well take full advantage of it.

got my VM setup with xyson installed in preperation if it gets a green light i guess. we need 4000 bricks for walls? no worries, 8 hours of working for me, with VM on second screen mouse macroing in its own little ESXI window..we will have more than enough bricks, and a maxed toolmaker/tailor/mason. all without me touching a thing:P

edit: not that I condone macroing in games thats its not allowed. not my thing. but if they say macroing is a perfectly legit gameplay mechanic and encourage it to stop "repetitive tasks" might as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    last I heard, it seems you can unfortunately.
    so macro your butt off, just make sure to be close enough doing other activities to see the light green text.

Just waiting to hear an official word on it other than that one post..if they are going to allow it, might as well take full advantage of it.

got my VM setup with xyson installed in preperation if it gets a green light i guess. we need 4000 bricks for walls? no worries, 8 hours of working for me, with VM on second screen mouse macroing in its own little ESXI window..we will have more than enough bricks, and a maxed toolmaker/tailor/mason. all without me touching a thing:P

edit: not that I condone macroing in games thats its not allowed. not my thing. but if they say macroing is a perfectly legit gameplay mechanic and encourage it to stop "repetitive tasks" might as well use it.

Same here, Ive known how to macro since day 2 in UO. Do I macro unattended? No. Ive used macros in games that have allowed it. Even Darkfall online (not for skill gains) where I would macro skills and weapons to be able to change and attack without having to wait for user delay. (Nothing that is breaking any rules FYI). It would make it easier to play due to a poor gui system.

Im wondering if something like that will be done here. I can see where some of this could be done up using macroing allowing me to stay sane.

If macroing is not on the table, I believe there will be major issues with boredom (even if macroing is allow attended, I can see this being a major issue). Like you said making bricks is currently so boring, I cant see any sane person doing it. But thats for another topic.

I want a guide or a dev, or someone with a special name colour to tell me I can do it while attending, or no all macroing programs (even the keyboards) are not allowed. One way or the other. I dont want to see a text saying "All third party programs are breaking TOS" because thats 100% crap. If thats the cause, I cant use IE, Firefox, Voice chat, or even IRC.

I want a guide or a dev, or someone with a special name colour to tell me I can do it while attending, or no all macroing programs (even the keyboards) are not allowed. One way or the other. I dont want to see a text saying "All third party programs are breaking TOS" because thats 100% crap. If thats the cause, I cant use IE, Firefox, Voice chat, or even IRC.
    Strawmen arguments are the weakest form of debate, used by small minded people inorder to prop up one's biased point of view; as in your effort to compare 'IE, Firefox, Voice chat, or even IRC.' with a macro program that does tasks for you ingame. <-----------------Stupid, just plain ol' stupid. There is really no other way to say it.

In an earlier post you even posted what the forum Mod's have already said (see quote below), yet you have the nerve to come on and ask for them to say it again. Well got news for you DDT, they actually ban macroers in this game, unlike DF.

Btw, it doesn't matter if you think it is 100% crap - in fact it doesn't really matter what you think. It's in the TOS and if you decide to play and macro, more than likely you will suffer the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Strawmen arguments are the weakest form of debate, used by small minded people inorder to prop up one's biased point of view
    actually as fallible as it is as an augmentative type, its used by scientist, physicists, and even you at the end of your thread. its not merely a "small minded" tactic, many people fall into its use without knowing..calling it a small minded tactic is in and of itself a strawman, insulting the debator to discredit him by his own argument, not the subject of said argument.

"in fact it doesn't really matter what you think. It's in the TOS and if you decide to play and macro, more than likely you will suffer the consequences."

changing the topic to state the TOS when the TOS wasnt called into the debate at hand, it was about what the counteractive post deemed allowable (which was the debate, the counter confusing statements by the devs.)

going to one extreme example of "macroers get banned, so you in your attempt to macro has invalidated your argument for the debating of it" leading him into defending his views of macroing, not the current position of it, you yourself used is strawman in nature

Strawmen arguments are the weakest form of debate, used by small minded people inorder to prop up one's biased point of view; as in your effort to compare 'IE, Firefox, Voice chat, or even IRC.' with a macro program that does tasks for you ingame. <-----------------Stupid, just plain ol' stupid. There is really no other way to say it.

In an earlier post you even posted what the forum Mod's have already said (see quote below), yet you have the nerve to come on and ask for them to say it again. Well got news for you DDT, they actually ban macroers in this game, unlike DF.

Btw, it doesn't matter if you think it is 100% crap - in fact it doesn't really matter what you think. It's in the TOS and if you decide to play and macro, more than likely you will suffer the consequences.
    Its not a strawmen's argument.
    I mean what about fraps?
    What about maps outside the game?

DF bans macros also just FYI. I have no idea why you think they dont. There is a far cry from unattended macroing to making a macro program that works while you are using it. Anyways thats not the debate here. My point is simple this yes or no. Is attended macroing allowed in this game?

Its not for you to give your opinion, nor me. Im asking waiting for someone to reply that has some weight to it, not a player, but a guide, or a dev, or a mod.

To me saying that all 3rd party programs that give an unfair advantage is so loose it can be used for all those things I just talked about. Which is why I want it CLEAR whether or not you can or cant use macros attended.

Like DF they have the same statement but they ALLOW macroing while attended. They DO ban people for unattended macroing. Same verbiage.

Nevermind I found it.

(Thanks Tryste from IRC)

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post74817

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    actually as fallible as it is as an augmentative type, its used by scientist, physicists, and even you at the end of your thread. its not merely a "small minded" tactic, many people fall into its use without knowing..calling it a small minded tactic is in and of itself a strawman, insulting the debator to discredit him by his own argument, not the subject of said argument.

"in fact it doesn't really matter what you think. It's in the TOS and if you decide to play and macro, more than likely you will suffer the consequences."

changing the topic to state the TOS when the TOS wasnt called into the debate at hand, it was about what the counteractive post deemed allowable (which was the debate, the counter confusing statements by the devs.)

going to one extreme example of "macroers get banned, so you in your attempt to macro has invalidated your argument for the debating of it" leading him into defending his views of macroing, not the current position of it, you yourself used is strawman in nature
    You obviously need to look up the definition of 'strawman argument'. There is not one in my reply to DDT.

You also perhaps neglected to read a prior post in this thread by DDT - he is the one who brought up the TOS in post #79, as well he should since he does not equate "attended macroing" with "unattended macroing".

As far as your last paragraph, after having read it 3 times, I'm inclined to say, "what in the H are you talking about? It makes no sense. I simply stated that macroers get banned in Xsyon.

Greetings Community,

I would like to shed a little light on this current situation for the community members that 'demand' it.

The following is a direct copy from the Notorious Games / Xsyon Terms of Service.

TOS:
    You will not display inappropriate conduct while you have access to the game and its content. Such conduct includes but is not limited to:

Section 5 - Rules of conduct
    Subsection 3

Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.

I would also like to quote....

Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon. A ban will result in a Termination of Service as outlined below. enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of Notorious Games and it's representatives.

So to summarise, If you use a 3rd party program to 'Macro' Attended or Unattended it is against our terms of service.

And the punishment for breaking this Terms of Service is outlined as I stated above.

We investigate all Terms of Service Violations and the appropriate action is taken.

I hope this has answered some of your questions.

Thank you.

Best way to report these cheaters?
    Also what type of proof should we be looking for? I know there are people out there doing this now.

You obviously need to look up the definition of 'strawman argument'. There is not one in my reply to DDT.

You also perhaps neglected to read a prior post in this thread by DDT - he is the one who brought up the TOS in post #79, as well he should since he does not equate "attended macroing" with "unattended macroing".

As far as your last paragraph, after having read it 3 times, I'm inclined to say, "what in the H are you talking about? It makes no sense. I simply stated that macroers get banned in Xsyon.
    and I'm simply stating that that in itself is a strawman 'absolute'. as its the flaw of strawman of "debating in absolutes without fact or references" to drive home a point.

strawman doesn't only cover calling upon vaguely connected items to change the debate in your favor by linking a negative to the opponents argument when the negative wasn't called into question. its also calling into absolutes to make the defender deviate from his debate to argue your claim on "always/never/certainly" on a negative you attach to his side of the argument.

its been shown time and time again, that macro'ers dont 'always' get banned. its like claiming drunk drivers get caught. for every case that it shows one that gets caught there is witness of 1 that doesnt..so the "macro'ers get banned" absolute is a red herring to make your side more solid with no foundation behind it. unless you have inside information on the total macro'ers and the number banned..your absolute if guesswork offered as a fact.

Im glad you managed to find a wiki page or whatever it was you found what a strawman fallacy was. but I can assure you, that your statement of "your argument is invalid because macroer=ban, therefore its impossible to be allowed by said rules" is strawman in the textbook definition sense.

Best way to report these cheaters?
    Also what type of proof should we be looking for? I know there are people out there doing this now.
    Hello,

The best way to report violations of the Terms of Service is either to Support@notorious-games.com or abuse@notorious-games.com

The best way a player can evidence violations is to Screen Shot and/or capture videos.
    However all reports are investigated and we conduct our own means to determine if a player is violating the Terms of Service.
    The means in which we do this, I can not disclose for obvious reasons.

Thank you.