Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Log in freeze

Re:Log in freeze

Just talked to him now. The poor bastard finally got a proper sleep.

He thought the patcher and game were turned off, only the game was. So this is indeed a false negative.

A new patcher and installer will be sent out when he is done with the modification so errors like these are moot

Sounds dandy, did he give you any ETA yet?

Will the old launcher update to the new one?

No ETA

no, he will send out a new installation file/patcher not sure which

Does that mean we will need to download the game again?

Cause if so, I have no chance, I could barely afford to download 3.6GB last time

Ikisis wrote:
    Not to be mean but what did you expect a play test?
    This is early beta and this is how a game in early beta runs.

I don't see the problem, but for the reasons listed i wouldn't stop lending a hand in testing (that's like giving another rock to your goose if you do).
    You know what? At the time I paid my money for the pre-order I was under the impression that nearly everything on the feature list was in the game or as good as at that point. I was also under the impression that the game was going to launch in just seven weeks. A small population launch, sure, but a launch nevertheless.

All of that implied a certain level of completion. It certainly indicated that development was well past the early beta phase. Frankly, what I'm seeing at this point should still be called alpha.

I didn't expect things to be perfect at this point. Neither did I expect the train wreck that the most recent posts from Virtus indicate. The game is so far from being ready for an actual launch, it's not funny. Even on May 15 it's clearly still going to be in what other developers would call an early beta phase.

What's more, in the little bit of feedback I have been able to give (the bit regarding character creation) I tried very hard to be constructive. I didn't simply say "I hate it," but rather gave specific reasons for my opinions and ideas for what could improve it. And you know what? Several of the other posts that followed indicated that I was right -- there IS confusion concerning the impact of various choices that are forced upon you during character creation. Yet the first major response was from Virtus who is clearly very close to the team if not a part of it, and that response was little better than, "sit down and shut up". And this was after he had supposedly taken time to think his answer through? What message does this convey concerning the willingness of the development team to even listen to constructive beta feedback?

Given the disparity between what was promised and what's actually being delivered I feel that I would be justified in demanding a refund. I'm not doing that, though, because I do like the vision for the game and I understand that Notorious is a very small team. (Apparently little more than one programmer and some art guys.) I am simply stating that in its current state this game is doing nothing but pissing me off which means that even if I do manage to get to where I can actually log in I'm not going to be very valuable as a beta tester because I'm pretty badly prejudiced at the moment. For that reason, I've asked that they give my slot in this phase to someone who's not going to be as negative as I am feeling right now.

I think I'm being more than fair in this -- to the game, to the team, and to the other people who are waiting for their turn. If Notorious feels otherwise, well they are welcome to give me a refund and that will be the end of it. (Actually, two refunds since I pre-ordered for my best friend as well.) Otherwise, I'll be back in closer to May 15.

aurickle wrote:
    Ikisis wrote:

I think I'm being more than fair in this -- to the game, to the team, and to the other people who are waiting for their turn. If Notorious feels otherwise, well they are welcome to give me a refund and that will be the end of it. (Actually, two refunds since I pre-ordered for my best friend as well.) Otherwise, I'll be back in closer to May 15.
    I'm more than happy to take his place.

aurickle wrote:

All of that implied a certain level of completion. It certainly indicated that development was well past the early beta phase. Frankly, what I'm seeing at this point should still be called alpha.
    The features from what we have seen are pretty much solid with some minor tweaking. Can not talk for the disabled features, but I just hope they actually did not lie and are in pretty much the same state and if all features are like that then I have faith they might make the 15th of may deadline.

aurickle wrote:

Given the disparity between what was promised and what's actually being delivered I feel that I would be justified in demanding a refund. I'm not doing that, though, because I do like the vision for the game and I understand that Notorious is a very small team. (Apparently little more than one programmer and some art guys.) I am simply stating that in its current state this game is doing nothing but pissing me off which means that even if I do manage to get to where I can actually log in I'm not going to be very valuable as a beta tester because I'm pretty badly prejudiced at the moment. For that reason, I've asked that they give my slot in this phase to someone who's not going to be as negative as I am feeling right now.

You know the game isnt released yet right?
    So where is the disparity?
    Can you prove to me that release is missing anything? Geez.