Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: totem quests

totem quests

Can someone point me to a thread talking about the totem quest mechanics.. or break it down to me.

I have no idea what they are.. who sets them up. are they even implemented?

thanks,
    Coca

They are implemented and they are player created. When you right click on the totem skull one option will be Quests. Inside that there's a create quest option. The player sets the quest parameters. Such as: 'Gather 3 Grass and one Black Bear's Head and receive 3 Storage Bins.' That's the gist of it.

Can anyone do a quest on any totem for the reward?

What kinds of things can be used for a reward and where do the things come from?

Does the person setting up the quest have to have the rewards in his bag when he sets up the quest and then when someone turns in the required materials the totem does a "trade?"

It's rather intresting.. not sure I would ever do them but I guess If you needed a rare item and had some extra stuff you might could aquire it through the quest system.

Seems more useful if you were in a larger guild that has members with different play timse.

Just play around with it.

Ya the reward goes from your bag into the totem and it essentially is a trade.

Its got some potential. Could be used as a vendor, or to set up trade when one person is offline, or a way to help teach noobs the ropes.

It's a good thing to have. I think tribe leaders set the permissions for who can use it. Be careful though. You can use it to store items, but if someone accepts your quest and never finishes it those items are tied up forever until they complete the quest. Right now anything valuable could be lost to a griefer.

Saintbob has a video tutorial about the quest system, I suggest you to check it out its really good.

Weren't these quests supposed to give a certain amount of XP as well ?

Virtually none if it's a quest from your own tribe's totem, but more if it's from a distant tribe ?

Or was all that never implimented ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    It's a good thing to have. I think tribe leaders set the permissions for who can use it. Be careful though. You can use it to store items, but if someone accepts your quest and never finishes it those items are tied up forever until they complete the quest. Right now anything valuable could be lost to a griefer.
    Also if a tribe is abandoned all quest items are lost and not returned to the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    Also if a tribe is abandoned all quest items are lost and not returned to the owner.
    It would seem rather risky to try to do a trade if one.. you had to accept it on enemy land.. two if you return an item to that land you could be killed before turning it in for your reward.. or shortly after.. especially since you cannot fight back in the safe zone.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    It would seem rather risky to try to do a trade if one.. you had to accept it on enemy land.. two if you return an item to that land you could be killed before turning it in for your reward.. or shortly after.. especially since you cannot fight back in the safe zone.
    Thats assuming you would enter into a hostile area and do thier quest. You may want to try doing quests from allied or non enemy tribes. I know VD is hostile toward everyone so I don't see the totem being such an advantage to you. But of course, that could be an intended effect for those antisocial tribes, and if so, is working well.