Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
And it sounds to me like you want another pre-NGE SWG. This is not that kind of game. When you take out all NPCs other than animals, and require the player to go out, build up from nothing, and survive in the world it is an entirely different kind of beast.

You need to be well rounded to survive. You can't just go to the auction house and sell the items you want to get the items you need. Approaching it with a mentality like this game is SWG will not work. I think of it as more of a cross between Wurm Online and Darkfall. Because that is pretty accurate to what it is.

Remember not everyone will join a tribe. Not every tribe is a large tribe. If they can't both fend for themselves combat-wise and at least produce valuable items they can trade for the things they need, they will not survive.
If I wanted the Pre-NGE system, I'd be asking for profession trees and a hard cap on skill points. While I wouldn't mind that, I'm completely fine with soft cap/skill decay.

- You can buy/sell a good amount of things. We've been selling stuff via our totem quests like crazy. You're in our zone, so you know this (The Firm). Vendors are supposed to be in at some point, too.

- I don't care if everyone isn't going to join a tribe or has a small tribe. That is their choice. If you want to balance an MMO on solo play, you aren't playing the right one, I guess. We only have 7 people and are doing just fine.

- For the 3rd time, Jordi already said each line (combat and crafting) have their own soft cap with decay, so you can do both well, which for the 3rd time... Unfortunate, but whatever x3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
How will skill decay be implemented on the macroers who have 100 in every skill? Sounds like they have far less to lose in the long run. How will this effect the softcap? Are you going to nerf these characters skills that they spent so much time grinding? Darkfall made the same promises and we all know how that has turned out... This needs to be turned on immediately before people surpass the intended cap (which I'm sure any macroer probably has already). You are going to lose subscribers if you add it in after we've all maxed our skills to be able to compete.
Yep, he needs to turn it on ASAP. Slippery slope for Jordi at the moment.