Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Good to know that it actually takes real SKILL to level ground using terraforming.

At least there's some things in game that don't require a single button click...
    The point is, it doesn't take skill to level some land and make a few rows of dirt in real life for a garden or farm. I should know, I worked on a farm all summer during high school. What it takes is patience, but the ground ALWAYS does what you want it to do.

Having level work as it does, is not only frustrating and unrealistic but it limits what you can do. What is the solution? Well my homestead is one of the only homesteads I have seen yet where much effort is going into making things perfectly level. Most of them are randomly slapped down with this kind of structure here, that kind of structure there, and ground that is lucky to be level anywhere other than where they move their building plans from.

Perhaps the reason this frustrates me so much, and is such a non-issue for so many people is they aren't making everything in their base, at, or directly raised in .50 units from, a uniform elevation. I've gotten it down where I can move pretty rapidly putting things at the uniform elevation but it is still "Ok, I have the ground working perfectly in my favor because I have set up the perfect conditions for leveling. Please don't throw me a curveball or make sure I don't stand a tiny bit to the wrong direction while leveling or it will require a big drawn out fix."

On Wurm I had a 13 by 13 entirely level piece of land for a farm alone. I looked at it and saw a challenge, and it was fun chopping down the trees moving the logs, and leveling that land. Here I am working with a much smaller base. The building the walls looks fun. The leveling doesn't. It just looks frustrating. Something I have to do in order to get a nice looking base to build the rest of my fort up from.

Leveling terrain is a bit of a pain. I know how to do it, but even so, its pain. But I'm ok with it. One suggestion I would have though, is that as your terraform skill goes up, make it so that your level area increases. It doesn't have to be a great amount so that you could terraform something the size of NYC, but every lit bit would help.

Right but the thing is most players will level thinking, i want to make the surrounding area the level im standing on.

what about when your leveling on a slope.