Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Isn't the game suppose to be about realism?

If so then why does hiding exist? I'm pretty sure no one in real life can go 100% invisible in the middle of nowhere.

I don't think the engine can handle someone laying flat and crawling through tall grass; or hiding in the silky-textured shadows.

Realism is silly.

No, it's not suppose to be about realism. It's supposed to be about fun But I agree that being able to be 100% invisible is pretty silly.

Xsyon Citizen
    100% invisibility?

How does one achieve this?

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    If so then why does hiding exist? I'm pretty sure no one in real life can go 100% invisible in the middle of nowhere.
    I don't know. I've watched snipers melt away in foot high grass, 20 yards in front of me....i've watched them stand up, within the same range and the first time your eye actually registers them they are up and in a crouch.

It's because in order to have a true hide system that invokes realism, you'll need to have a real camera (1st person/really close 3p) also not everyone uses shadows, so hiding in the shadows won't work...

The best solution to the hide feature is to make max have a sort of "mirage" effect. Like when something is still you can MAYBE tell they are their, but when they move it looks like a weird cloak thing.

not that I like this game, but like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpod6VU6yU8

Or resistance 2 predator (when it's closer not the full invis).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I don't know. I've watched snipers melt away in foot high grass, 20 yards in front of me....i've watched them stand up, within the same range and the first time your eye actually registers them they are up and in a crouch.
    ^^^^^Done this too. HOORAH^^^

No, games always have to factor in balance, playability, and realism to equal fun.

That being said, a Hide move is stupid, I agree.

ESPECIALLY in a game where you can color your gear, lay prone, and has changing seasons.

And I disagree that the enemy needs a fixed camera for one to hide.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Clear and Present Danger
    "l see him. Come in. Straight in. Now. Run! Keep coming -- to your left, to your left ... and stop. Sniper at your feet."

"Well, what IS it?"

"He had lunch here. McDonald's. Quarter-pounder with cheese."
    Sniper approached the instructor by being a sneaky bastard, SERGEANT MAJOR!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    No, games always have to factor in balance, playability, and realism to equal fun.

That being said, a Hide move is stupid, I agree.

ESPECIALLY in a game where you can color your gear, lay prone, and has changing seasons.

And I disagree that the enemy needs a fixed camera for one to hide.
    You would never, ever sneak up on me because of camera pan. The only ones who will be surprised are the people who aren't willing to pan often. I wish he'd take it out, but too many people in here like to look at their new outfits.