Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm curious to find the original source for this "trees regrow from stumps" BS. It makes absolutely no sense. Then again, it would probably follow the current trend.

a strange thing happened the other day just outside my homestead. my son was cutting a couple different species of trees down and they both disappeared after they hit the ground. 2 trees just disapppeared. i watched it happen. the stumps are still there so hopefully they will grow back and function properly next harvest.

We had one tree grow back from a stump a few days ago. It was cut down about a week ago. All other stumps have not grown back even though they were mostly cut the same day.

A few weeks before "launch", I noticed a lot of trees near Hopi that were growing very close to each other. Some were growing inside one another. I heard that destroyed stumps will grow back near other trees, so that would make sense as to what I saw... I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    a strange thing happened the other day just outside my homestead. my son was cutting a couple different species of trees down and they both disappeared after they hit the ground. 2 trees just disapppeared. i watched it happen. the stumps are still there so hopefully they will grow back and function properly next harvest.
    ive had this same thing happen to me a couple times.

I could have sworn this was addressed in the FAQ guide the devs made - and it said trees would grow where other trees were.. nothing about stumps. So I am not going to put 100% faith into your guide's answer, and instead rely on what the devs already stated regarding trees.

Though the Spring cycle is a new one to me.

saw a guy in local chat the other day say he scavenged a full tree,when he dropped it it went poof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Hey Dirt, If it was on a mountain the logs could have dissapeared into the dirt under the stump. I've had that happen before and had to click around on the stump before finding the logs.

Thankyou for that, i'll try.
    edit: It was the whole tree that disappeared, not logs.

Quote Originally Posted by SAbbath View Post
    saw a guy in local chat the other day say he scavenged a full tree,when he dropped it it went poof.
    This happened to me too, I was scavenging and it gave a blank icon, I hovered over it and it told me it was some type of pine. Couldn't equip it or do anything with it except move it around or discard it.