Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    Im curious now seeing this is a big patch . Always nice to see over 1Gig files being downloaded, makes the mind wonder whats in there. More map expanstions? More resources? Items? Bug fixes? New skills? Who knows
    The size will allways be 1.53 gig everytime they touch something on the map , so dont expect to much , it's a map update IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gjunior123 View Post
    The size will allways be 1.53 gig everytime they touch something on the map , so dont expect to much , it's a map update IMO.
    I was wondering that myself... Why not part the map out? Clearly within the xsip it is seperate, so why not just update seperate parts as necessary? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post
    I was wondering that myself... Why not part the map out? Clearly within the xsip it is seperate, so why not just update seperate parts as necessary? :/
    Watch if they did that the update wouldn't work. You know there's gotta be a reason... either for time... or because shit can happen with software.

Like when there was a really good reason why we got rolled back 18 hours?

Devs make oversights to make things simpler in their heads, even if the end user pays for it. That's why we have to alert them to obvious things. A single zone file probably made sense when they had a single zone. It doesn't any more, especially with their phenominally bad patch hosting.

The magical regrowing trees of Xsyon.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin.

To create your very own magical regrowing tree of xsyon, just add your local carebear clan's tears and "Poof" a tree of sheer beauty will suddenly spring forth from the ground right before your very eyes! But what is this?! Is this tree speaking? My giddy aunt, that tree really is speaking to us dearest Rupert!

"Balderdash!" Rupert cries out before letting out a loud guffaw in your direction. "Don't such a silly goose" he exclaims, "Trees can't talk silly!".

But Rupert was wrong. In the magical world of poofy magical instant growing trees of wonder in the fantastical and wonderfully fabulous world of Xsyon, trees really can talk and talk they certainly do!

"My name is Douglas Fir, nice to meet you all"
    "It's ok friends, you can cut me down, I surely won't mind."
    "Maybe you could make something extra special and useful from me, but not any weapons, weapons are bad and hurt people."
    "It's ok if you destroy my stump, I will appear elsewhere in this magical world to spread joy and peace to all those around me"
    "Hey, is the server lagging? It sure feels laggy today!"
    "Did someone say a racist word, that sure is naughty, I dare say I will be reporting you!"
    "Hey, I'm going to ignore that foul person again today, I just thought I'd let you all know!"

Douglas fir continued to talk for hours, soon he was joined by others and they began to talk. Before everyone knew it the entire area was filled with trees all talking. Rupert was became very cross.

"This all your fault you big cry baby!"

Rupert began cutting down the trees but it was no use. For every tree Rupert cut down, another one would appear magically right before his very eyes. The trees now began to bicker with each other over who is the most useful and being sure to mention lag at every opportunity.

Eventually sane citizens of xsyon became mad from not being able to do anything constructive and killed themselves. Some even murdered their entire families, hurling new born babies off cliffs into the great beyond. Others ventured into the green mist of doom to await their fate.

The carebears who started this whole mess left, despondent due to the lack of activities to pursue. For after you have built every log cabin and every tool due to a surplus of resources, there is surely nothing else to achieve!

As for Rupert? Who knows, there were rumours he requested a refund.

I do hope you enjoyed the wonderful story of the magical poofy trees of xyson. Let us all wish that this will never become a reality.

Updater stuck

Xsyon updater getting stuck at "Analyzing files".

Win 7 Ultimate. Already tried running with admin rights.

That's why we have to alert them to obvious things.
    I lol'd

(..........)

whats your d/l rate, mine is like 30kb/s

its gonna take me 8 hrs to finish the 864mb file...

can i just d/l the whole game back...since i can finish it in an hour

Like when there was a really good reason why we got rolled back 18 hours?
    Shit can happen with software.

A single zone file probably made sense when they had a single zone.
    Time is money.

Both points proven right thar.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool87 View Post
    whats your d/l rate, mine is like 30kb/s

its gonna take me 8 hrs to finish the 864mb file...

can i just d/l the whole game back...since i can finish it in an hour

Dunno I started dload an hour ago and finished now. Didn't see the rate as it wasn't updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Belchonok View Post
    Xsyon updater getting stuck at "Analyzing files".

Win 7 Ultimate. Already tried running with admin rights.
    Its not stuck its downloading a 1.53GB patch give it a couple hours...