Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Shit can happen with software.

Shit can happen with guns, but you still tell kids not to shoot eachother. Okay, depending on where you are in the world, maybe you don't. But where I come from, we do, so I'm going to keep pointing out obvious mistakes

Time is money.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here? That they should give partial refunds for ridiculous patch download times?... The xsip is essentially an archive file; there's no need to update every bit of data when only a few thousand have been changed. This would not only save US time, but also save their time in applying and testing large patches. Not a huge time-sink to implement, but a massive one to ignore. I can't even see why you're against the idea?

Both points proven right thar.

You have a -really- superfluous definition of 'proof.' I wouldn't even suggest my own points are proven, and I support them whole-heartedly. As to your blind, kneejerk responses? Wouldn't give the time of day to assessing if they were provable, let alone actually try and do it, if I were you...
    Regardless of yours, or my personal download speeds, the point is that there are far more efficient ways of patching out improvements, and most of them would take 1/10th the time of the current method with no extra risk in implementation (see: rapidshare/hotfile etc. ). I quite like the idea that -everyone- be online an hour after servers come back up, not just those of us lucky enough to have server proximity or data prioritisation.

downloading since 2h, i demand a better speed :-(

The ones who already ingame, did anything noticeable changed ? For example durability on items or important stuff like that ?

I think I can alt-tab in fullscreen, maybe. Entities loaded faster (maybe?), FPS is still trash.

Although I crash when I try to turn the shadows off or the tree detail down. Be very careful what you do with the options!

EDIT: nope fullscreen alt-tab still borked.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I think I can alt-tab in fullscreen, maybe. Entities loaded faster (maybe?), FPS is still trash.

Although I crash when I try to turn the shadows off or the tree detail down. Be very careful what you do with the options!
    Full Screen and be able to tab in and out of full screen is atleast something

I was hoping for an FPS fix as thats a game braker at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Its not stuck its downloading a 1.53GB patch give it a couple hours...

kinda strange way to show download progression then.

Arrow eee gads

The download patch seems to be taking too much time. (compared to; every other game patch I have had the displeasure of sitting threw) Honestly I don't have the patience for such things. "Show stopper". My experience thus far with this patch. Invalid archive issue, "retry" issue, "skip" issue, and finally the dreaded; "Is it patching at all and how can I tell that by the non discriminate green bar of light floating back and forth with a single sentence nearly mocking me with it's faint hint of anything actually being done... "Updating Data\Zone.xsip". Oh look it changed for a second but then back again to the same "Updating Data..." dialog.

nuf said? No not really...

I have the patience of a saint iw. It's the sitting out here, waiting to play; that I have very little use for. For me it's even less interest as to why exactly I cannot get my fun on this afternoon. In short I don't care why it's broken, I don't like it. Add to that the post about sending in info about why you cannot play...that is just bad zuzu.

"open open open"

...where is that warhammer shortcut....

Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    Im curious now seeing this is a big patch . Always nice to see over 1Gig files being downloaded, makes the mind wonder whats in there. More map expanstions? More resources? Items? Bug fixes? New skills? Who knows
    Nope.. It's because instead of hot fixing a small problem they just recode over whole damn client and make you redownload it.. even if 95% of it was untouched.

Bad code and programing is the only reason this game lags.. it sure as hell isn't population or the 8bit double dragon graphics.

I enjoy this hunk oh shit game but this is rediculous. I hope this is atleast on a torrent by now.

For me alt-tab in fullscreen still isn't fix.

Angry Slowest patching i ever seen...

Ok my internet connection isn't that awesome (2mb) but 3 hours of patching is insane.

I checked connection and seems patcher downloads with 30-50 kb/s. I could use a download program and get a speed of ~200 kb/s.

I liked game but if at every patch i'll have to leave pc for half a day, i better give up.