Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Posting in thread about my homestead.

Yeah my homestead is the best in the game, but everyone else had equal opportunity to place there.

Get over it.

If a single homestead is controlling a rare resource, you can bet that homesteader is going to be in for a VERY hard time, lol

Unless that homesteader is open to very reasonable trade terms...

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    If a single homestead is controlling a rare resource, you can bet that homesteader is going to be in for a VERY hard time, lol

Unless that homesteader is open to very reasonable trade terms...
    No see what you do there is hire body guards that would be willing to work for your tar lol.

come to 699 500 650...

I'll beat some tar right out of you.

Not being able to Encroach is kinda borked no matter what.

That's fine if it has alignment hits, or you are vulnerable to attack, or whatever... but you should have the option harvest/scavenge whatever.

The issue right now is the way safe zones are being implemented. I believe this is a temporary situation until gates are in game. I don't think the OP is asking for tar to be widely available. I think he is asking for it to be obtainable. As in go over and raid the homestead on the tar, and if he and his forces are bad enough to take some, then they can get the spoils of war! Isn't that part of what rare resources and PvP TvT are all about? And that would be damned fun too!

The problem is, that player/tribe security (safezones) are not in a final implementation state. And also from what Thedevil and others are saying, Tar isn't harvestable at the moment anyway. That's fine for now (if true), but once it, or any rare resource, is harvestable - players should be able to have the choice of either negotiating a deal, or trying to take it by force.

Until those things are fixed, I think this discussion is good food for thought on how, and in what order to implement things, and the ramifications of trying to open up one aspect when other, relevant aspects that are affected by it are still borked. Really, it seems like Beta stage stuff.... but if this is Prelude, then so be it. I just hope to see it all implemented as quickly as possible. 2.5 - 6 months of just building up and not having a legitimate combat system in place sound pretty dreadful. Especially if we get into a point where we are paying a monthly fee.

My 2cp.

Kaj

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    Posting in thread about my homestead.

Yeah my homestead is the best in the game, but everyone else had equal opportunity to place there.

Get over it.
    Noone cares that your homestead is there. The actual problem, if only the OP would open his eyes, is that no one can kill you in it. Once that's fixed, you're going to realise it's the worst homestead in the game

Once safezones are down this is exactly what is all about territory control..

own the tar pit and people will come at you.. you'll have to build a big enough tribe to be able to protect your resources and on top of that you can be the #1 tar dealer in the world.

game is influenced heavily by this theory.. Just gota get those safezones up and the tar pit will go under tribal rule.. some will buy some will go to war to take it..

Quote Originally Posted by cod3r_ View Post
    Once safezones are down this is exactly what is all about territory control..

own the tar pit and people will come at you.. you'll have to build a big enough tribe to be able to protect your resources and on top of that you can be the #1 tar dealer in the world.

game is influenced heavily by this theory.. Just gota get those safezones up and the tar pit will go under tribal rule.. some will buy some will go to war to take it..
    Yeah... Only if the tar pit owner agrees to go to war. Good one, Jordi.

The only real questions that needs to be addressed from this entire thread, imo, is:

Can tar be harvested, period?

Can tar be harvested while encroaching?

A no to either means it's broke, a yes to both means its fine.