Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    The only real questions that needs to be addressed from this entire thread, imo, is:

Can tar be harvested, period?

Can tar be harvested while encroaching?

A no to either means it's broke, a yes to both means its fine.
    I know for a fact it cannot be harvested while encroaching.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Yeah... Only if the tar pit owner agrees to go to war. Good one, Jordi.
    wait what!?!?! you can refuse to let someone war you and take your things?!!??/? that is beyond broke.. you sure about this?

Quote Originally Posted by cod3r_ View Post
    wait what!?!?! you can refuse to let someone war you and take your things?!!??/? that is beyond broke.. you sure about this?
    "What I imagine is:
    - Tribes choosing to become warring on non-warring, not as an on / off switch but as a permanent or difficult to reverse decision, likely based on tribal actions.
    - Warring tribes would be able to conquer and raid others, but they will also become susceptible to war. Non warring tribes would keep their area safe, but don’t gain the ability to raid or conquer other tribes.
    - Both warring and non-warring tribes could claim resources that would be up for contest by both types of tribes.
    - Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not."

---

The guy has lost it.

i know where there's some tar, no pole. do you guys think i should stick my pole in it?

i also know a location with tar and no pole just because its the only location you know of doesnt mean its the only location with it.

Yeah i thought that was all the tar there was until I found another spot. . with a lot more. Not in a tribal areas either. Covered with snow now though. . It is heavy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    "What I imagine is:
    - Tribes choosing to become warring on non-warring, not as an on / off switch but as a permanent or difficult to reverse decision, likely based on tribal actions.
    - Warring tribes would be able to conquer and raid others, but they will also become susceptible to war. Non warring tribes would keep their area safe, but don’t gain the ability to raid or conquer other tribes.
    - Both warring and non-warring tribes could claim resources that would be up for contest by both types of tribes.
    - Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not."

---

The guy has lost it.
    If this is the case, monopoly items like tar need to be removed from areas where tribes have an option whether to go to war or not, and all monopoly resources should be put into the more volatile expansion zones. Its like EVE. You want the high rewards, you live in the dangerous areas, you want low rewards, you live in the safe areas.

Also I have no problem with tribes being able to take control of rare resources as long as they have the ability to lose control of those resources through war. But if is the case it shouldn't be "There is only tar, and there is only one location for tar in the entire game." It should be "There is tar, there is sulfur, there is saltpeter, there is gold, there is gems, there is coal, there is oil and there is 1-5 locations for each of them spread over the entire map."

Also I would encourage allowing tribes to put down more than one totem, but they have to choose which members effect which totem radius (With a minimum of 10 player for a main totem and 5 for each additional totem or something similar so you don't get 20 man tribes with 20 one man homesteads). For instance a 20 man tribe wants control of a gold deposit, and a salt peter deposit, that are some distance away. They can split into two ten man tribes and put up a totem at each location. This will give them control of both deposits but it will also split their forces, with both bases being open to attack. Also having control of two valuable spawns makes other tribes resent them more, and may lead to an alliance against them. Greater risk, greater gains.

If this is how things work, then both areas where you can "choose whether or not to go to war." and monopoly resources both sit fine with me. It will be like a strategy game on a grand scale out in the more dangerous territories, and it will be like a little safe happyland where players can get introduced to the game instead of thrown to the wolves living in the outer territories in the starter areas.

I don't see the problem.

Hopi is no where near tar, yet we have over 500 units in our bins from a few members spending an hour collecting it.
    It was in an open area with no totems, that we had to swim half way across the lake to get at.

If you're worried about a tribe securing all the tar locations, then act before they can and hoard up on some.
    I can assure you there is still plenty of free tar that is not in safe zones.

NEWSFLASH

Tar can be found in multiple locations around the world.
    Look harder.

Thread concluded.

End of line.