Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Broken Mechanic? Tar?

Decided to start my own thread on this topic since it was off topic in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajones View Post
    If you want some PvP, try moving your totem off of that Tar so people actually have a chance to get at it. It's the only draw to your area there is and you've got it locked down inside a homestead.

Sittin' at the top of that peak on the southern lake island, bitchin about nothing to do, and you have one of the biggest draws in the game sealed up. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dtrip View Post
    I've noticed this also. Totem on tar makes it inaccessible to all others in the game and I'm not talking hard to get I'm talking litteraly the game will not let you grab the Tar. This seems very game breaking. So atm we have one tribe that has access to an item no one else can have just by having their totem in the right place at the right time. I'm sure there may be other places with tar but it's very rare and so far seems to be the only item you litteraly cannot pick up unless you are in the tribe that placed the totem or there is no totem around. If I'm mistaken or there is another thread on this please do direct me that way. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    As far as I know tar has no use for now. How knows, when they open up new lands there might be a lot of tar.
    Or tar is used to make fire arrows or other weapons only these special tribes can have. Either way doesn't seem balanced or fair the way it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Balanced, fair? Sorry but if they are the only ones to do it then yeah that sucks but thats how goes. Figure out a way to beat them despite the advantage, if this ever comes true.
    Except with current game mechanics even when tribes are able to be attacked they can choose to be attacked. Also this tar seems to be in a safe zone so attacking them anyhow is impossible. Only strategy is straight up joining their guild and conning them out of it or buying it which again gives them a huge advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If I remember well Jordi said tar will only be used in a later phase of the game, after Prelude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    He who controls the tar controls the universe.

Well as of now only a small percentage of people have access to this and can stock up, hypothetically, a lot more than people could catch up with. Still makes little sense this is the only item you cannot access once a totem is put near it.

At this point that is very plausible in the Universe of Xsyon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Sure currently they have an advantage but we have no idea what the future will bring. Plus as far as I know tar is useless currently.
    I'm suggesting making tar accessible to everyone or an explanation of why it is not and if this is working as intended. If it is and Tar does become a huge problem just remember you(DEVS) had tons of time to fix it.

Anymore thoughts about this are welcomed thanks.

Why does everyone want to have access to everything? Is the point not of games like these to trade the resources you have with those that you do not? If some people have access to tar and you need it trade it to them or they decide to keep it to themselves to have an advantage over the rest.

Should other people be able to get it when it is in someone else there area? Well yes I think it should be possible, but it should still stay rare. We need more of those rare resources not less!

I have a money tree on my property does that mean it is unfair because you don't and want it and can't have it? I see no problem with what the homesteaders did, they have a monopoly like in the real world today... Learn to work with it instead of crying about unfairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Why does everyone want to have access to everything? Is the point not of games like these to trade the resources you have with those that you do not? If some people have access to tar and you need it trade it to them or they decide to keep it to themselves to have an advantage over the rest.

Should other people be able to get it when it is in someone else there area? Well yes I think it should be possible, but it should still stay rare. We need more of those rare resources not less!
    Exactly you said it. "To have an advantage over the rest" by simply placing a totem not by skill not by trade but by knowing what I consider a flawed mechanic no where else in the game. A flaw that could possibly one shot you later on. No I do not see the point of this game as being I found it first I should now have a huge advantage over everyone. Rare and impossible are two totally different things. It's called a monopoly and as far as we know a monoply is very possible and I can assure you an monoply of anything can destroy a game very quickly including entire societies.

People get annoyed when a msg on the screen tells you you are not allowed to do that. this is not sandbox. however if we would have gates ingame it would be no problem to remove safe zones because safe zones are player created and protected then which fits much more into a sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    I have a money tree on my property does that mean it is unfair because you don't and want it and can't have it? I see no problem with what the homesteaders did, they have a monopoly like in the real world today... Learn to work with it instead of crying about unfairness.
    Good to know you think monoplies should happen and there should be one world power and that you should learn to work with itc as in follow what ever rules they feel like putting forth. Failed at economics.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    People get annoyed when a msg on the screen tells you you are not allowed to do that. this is not sandbox. however if we would have gates ingame it would be no problem to remove safe zones because safe zones are player created and protected then which fits much more into a sandbox
    Honestly you are correct if this resource was not in a safezone and attainable in some other way other than one person having the ability to have all of it and say yes or no to who can use all of it I would have no problem. Currently the way it works one tribe or maybe even one person does have it and no one else can unless they say so.

7. 03-23-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Aww poor baby, learn to interact with people and they may let you farm some... or do you feel you shouldnt have to answer to anyone? Take what you will attitude perhaps?

Also try to imagine a real post apoc situation, there will be little military dictatoship style of rule all over, there will be monopolies, just get over it... this game is playing out and feels real post apoc to me...
    I'd have no proble joining this guild gaining ranks and figuring out a way to get the tar or trading if I really wanted to. I'm not doing this for my own agenda I'm doing this as I see it a potential problem in the future and possibly making people leave as they realize they have little options except to be dictated. Also a military dictatorship is all fine and dandy but there will always be refugees to that and at this point refugees have no ammo no arms and no legs to walk to the fight.

Simply on a scale of 1 to 10 (highest).... this "mechanic problem" is a 1.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Now it might be later on it might be an eleventy (top shot refrence)

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Spoken like a true post-apoc survivor...