Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the main difference in animal difficulty is pre-order weapons. If you want a challenge, fight naked and unarmed, presumably with no points in unarmed.

Even then, I don't think a single raccoon would be much of a danger.

Ravelli

You really thinking mating rates are in?

Item decay isnt in, stat decay is somewhat in but is not based on hunger and such. There are alot of those features not implemented but presumed to be coming out. I highly doubt any 'mating' rates have been turned on or fully coded yet.

Patch notes?! In case you haven't noticed. The apocalypse just happened. All you are guaranteed in life is a GPS to know your cords (no you don't have a compass, just the GPS), and a weapon of your choice.
    Do you really want them to tell you everything? Want to know how skill gain is calculated or success rates? Want to know everything?
    Then test in game and figure it out.

Did you need to read the patch notes when global chat was taken away or could you figure that one out?

OP, If you want a greater challenge, dont use your preorder weapon. That should do just the trick...

@ Chibi

There is a difference about the fun of discovering things by yourself and wanting to see what is fixed or added in the patchnotes. I am fine at discovering myself where I get some new resource, they don't have to tell it me in notes, but I for sure want to know if there are fixed things or bugs.

I kill bears faster with 5 Unarmed versus 25+ in Armed/<insert weapon>.

I started my first charector yesterday during one of the stable periods it was up for, went exploring around in the wilderness of the world and was attacked by and killed 1 Donky Deer, 1 Black Bear, and 8 Racoons with nothing but my starters knife an starters clothes, have more bones now than I know what todo with. Black Bear was the most threatening an brought me down to 1/3rd of my health bar, the donky deer an racoons didn't harm me at all when fought, racoons will die in just 2 solid strikes with the knife. (oh nothing special stat-wise either, just 65 Str, 60 Stam on my char)

Just adding some data to the pool..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcrest View Post
    @ Chibi

There is a difference about the fun of discovering things by yourself and wanting to see what is fixed or added in the patchnotes. I am fine at discovering myself where I get some new resource, they don't have to tell it me in notes, but I for sure want to know if there are fixed things or bugs.
    @ Dreamcrest

Where in THIS thread do you see a bug or something broken?

I dunno why... but I lol'd hard when I read Donkey Deer...
    I think you mean Mule Deer... but I haven't been in much lately as I've been busy with my 360 and work. So there might be donkey-deers now... which again, would make me laugh for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethaven View Post
    I dunno why... but I lol'd hard when I read Donkey Deer...
    I think you mean Mule Deer... but I haven't been in much lately as I've been busy with my 360 and work. So there might be donkey-deers now... which again, would make me laugh for a while.
    Now just imagine the dev's adding it as a secret unique creature that looks like any other Mule Deer, except its SE plays Goofy voiceclips....IMAGINE IT! =p

The problem is that players are like locust, they just move around and destroy the world around them like there is no tomorrow. they cut down ever tree, they horde ever resource, they kill every one in there path and take everything they have.

Players are like greedy fat pigs that know no end to there hunger and only wish to suckle as much as they can from the teet of the game world.