Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up The new animals are weak.

Logged in today after patching and holy spitballs our tribe area is overrun by rabid coons. Ok, they "fixed" the animals. I guess more were added and I am not worried about that. Too bad these rabid coons drop with a few smacks of my huju stick, but they wouldn't be really hearty, they are cuddly wuddly racoons.

I run up into the mountains to get some woodstuffs. Oh boy! I see a bear, my first since release. This should be a good fight, during beta (and early release from what I've read) it was a challenge to solo the bear. Not really much, but hell it was something to do.

Bear #1, I kill with less than 1/3rd health loss. Wow, did I just get lucky? Sweet snapdragons, another one a few minutes later (these things are taking over!). Bear #2 drops even faster with me taking even less damage. Bear #3 gets the jump on me and I still send him scampering only to be felled by my mighty huju stick.

Ok, so I ask in general for a consensus and I ask here.... Is it just me, or do the animals seem waaaaaaaaay weaker and easier to kill?

The only reason they're easy to kill now is because they're "young". As far as I know, as they get "older" they get bigger and stronger.

big huge black bears will rape you in about 4 hits.

the regular bears go down easy and you loose a third of your life with no armor.

Will they even last long enough to grow up? Is that confirmed or conjecture?

I'm pretty sure I heard it from an official source, but I could be wrong. Now that they're back in, they should be mating and respawning correctly, so I think we'll have a healthy supply of animals now.

Quote Originally Posted by mantoe View Post
    Will they even last long enough to grow up? Is that confirmed or conjecture?
    People near my zone were spawn killed during lag once and their bear leveled up quite a bit.

Also mobs attack each other so if the mobs aren't in the non-fog area they might be killin the crap out of other mobs in the fog area and leveling up that way too.

new creatures added, doesn't this game have patchnotes or something?!

I'm curious if the the animal coding was changed or if this was just a manual respawn, and there will be no animals for another week after this.

Xsyon Citizen
    Look at it from the bright side: now there are other things to 'destroy' apart from trees .

I'm curious if the the animal coding was changed or if this was just a manual respawn, and there will be no animals for another week after this.
    I agree, the fact that nothing was said makes me think there are 2 possibilities:

1) Manual Respawn
    2) Coding was changed, but they don't feel good enough to announce it