Changelog? Patch notes? Something?

So, as far as I've seen since I started playing a few weeks ago, we've had two incredibly large patches, both of which hover around 1.5 gigabytes. To me, that says that you guys are fixing things up like crazy, or adding a bunch of new stuff, which is awesome...only for whatever reason, you don't seem to want to tell us what that is.

I don't know if it's just me, but there is a depressingly low amount of information that's being given to us as players. Three gigs of new updates is nothing to shake a stick at, but we've only been given an idea of what any of it does. Now the server is facing some difficulty again, and it's a bit difficult to tell if any progress is being made, or if you're struggling with it.

And if you are, that's alright. I mean, it is to me at least. I've been a part of huge design teams before that couldn't manage to get something off the ground, from what I've heard, you guys are a very small team.

I guess what I'm asking for is more open information into what's going on with the game. Maybe some patch notes or a change log when we get giant updates. If you fix a pixel or two, that isn't really news, but 1.5 gigs? Seems like something we should know about. Just an idea.

Exactly. If these guys can't figure out that we aren't going to keep PAYING for a game that we know NOTHING about the progress of then they are doomed. Except for the few sentences in the "Xsyon updates" thread every now and then.

READ MY LIPS XSYON, if you do not release extensive patch notes (telling everything you did and in detail, on a patch of 1.5gigs there should be at least 50 sentences of text explaining the fixes, don't ya think?) then people will slowly quit from not knowing what they are paying for.

For example, in the massive patch today I had to find out from a THREAD ON THE FORUMS (that in itself is messed up) that animals were turned back on with this patch.

IF YOU DO NOT TELL US WHAT YOU PATCH INTO THE GAME, YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT.

It's really as simple as that. Most things in life are. Need any evidence? Just look at every other MMO out there that can keep people interested for more than 3 months. They all do this. Every. Single. One.

I agree with this as well!

However I really wish to play the game also!

Agreed. Relying on rumors and/or user posts for your game update information is really unacceptable. If you're going to make huge patches like that, you really need to inform your customers of what you implemented and/or changed. The fact that we're not getting much information at all about these big patches is worrisome, let alone the unplayable condition that follows.

What do you think this is? Some kind of professional company or something?

Oh you guys!

I'm pretty sure the big patches are quite misleading. He isn't really changing much, it's just that his client updating process is not set up very efficiently. If he needs to slightly alter the zone landscape textures (like what the first monster patch was), he needs to give everyone the ENTIRE (slightly altered) texture pack again rather than having code that just alters little pieces of the pack. So, yeah, we basically had to re-download a large portion of the client for just a few minor tweaks that most people probably wouldn't ever even notice. It's poor coding, not that he's hiding content...not that that's a good thing. LOL

That said, +1 for patch notes no matter how small the change is.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    What do you think this is? Some kind of professional company or something?

Oh you guys!
    I know the ideas are professional and brilliant. Dev skills, perhaps not. I really don't know since I've only been around for a few weeks and this is what I have experienced. A lot of up and downs.

Isn't this game about discovering new things as they are added?, since when has Xsyon disclosed features added on patches?, he doesn't!, just go and actually do some research and exploration, ask players in the world, stop waiting and wasting time for things to be handed to you! I personally think that when fixes are on and working, when the times come, we will go back to the game and never say a word in here... Opps! another problem, rinse and repeat, complain and no appreciation, shameful! Thank you Xsyon for making this game its own unique experience, all the problems only made me appreciate it more, why you ask?, well it's because I too got mad and frustrated just like most of you, but then again I look at myself and ask: " Can I even make a video game like this, or even actually try?", the answer is no, not because I can't, it's because only enjoy playing them. It's not about being a fan, it's about understanding the position and perspective of the people behind this game. If you don't like it, well goodbye. Thanks you all for your time =) and contribution. One more thing, have you ever had the courage and passion to do something as big as this?, it's no easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Isn't this game about discovering new things as they are added?, since when has Xsyon disclosed features added on patches?, he doesn't!, just go and actually do some research and exploration, ask players in the world, stop waiting and wasting time for things to be handed to you! I personally think that when fixes are on and working, when the times come, we will go back to the game and never say a word in here... Opps! another problem, rinse and repeat, complain and no appreciation, shameful! Thank you Xsyon for making this game its own unique experience, all the problems only made me appreciate it more, why you ask?, well it's because I too got mad and frustrated just like most of you, but then again I look at myself and ask: " Can I even make a video game like this, or even actually try?", the answer is no, not because I can't, it's because only enjoy playing them. It's not about being a fan, it's about understanding the position and perspective of the people behind this game. If you don't like it, well goodbye. Thanks you all for your time =) and contribution. One more thing, have you ever had the courage and passion to do something as big as this?, it's no easy...
    I cant build a car on my own but still i expect to not crash immediatly after buying one from a company. O_o