Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    If you've met me on another game, 90% chance the name was Andius. 100% chance on Darkfall.

And I know nothing about SWG, I did not get the chance to play it before they ruined it. I however have used a wound system similar to what I am suggesting on Wurm, and it was the most fun healing people I have ever had in a game.
    Wounds would accumulate over time to your Heal/Action (Stamina)/Mind (Mana) bars. Example...

Before fighting 4-5 mobs or players:

Health - 1200
    Action - 900
    Mind - 600

After fighting 4-5 mobs or players and regening your HAM bar (assuming you took damage) -

Health - 1197 / 1200
    Action - 898 / 900
    Mind - 598 / 600

In order to get your HAM back to optimal function you'd need to be, or have, a Medic or Doctor heal your wounds. Campfires would heal your wounds at a much slower pace.

Battle Fatigue... BF accumulates over time during combat. If you fought one mob or person it may raise by a few depending on the length of combat. If you fought 20 mobs or players, it might raise 10-20. It all depends on the circumstances. Battle Fatigue gradually lowers the effectiveness of your skills as it raises.

In order to heal BF you would have to watch or listen to an Entertainer (player profession).

Something like that in Xsyon would be alright with me. We already have campfires. Medical skills are going to in at some point. Some sort of Battle Fatigue could be healed by campfires, too.

Here's a good death penalty: When you die, some of stuff you have gets destroyed, that is, completely removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Here's a good death penalty: When you die, some of stuff you have gets destroyed, that is, completely removed from the game.
    No.

You just don't want someone being awarded with all of your stuff. Anything to irk "PvP'ers" in a game with looting always seems to permeate your posts, whether it's veiled or outright.

Items will be removed from the game when decay is on. He can adjust the decay rate as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    No.

You just don't want someone being awarded with all of your stuff. Anything to irk "PvP'ers" in a game with looting always seems to permeate your posts, whether it's veiled or outright.

Items will be removed from the game when decay is on. He can adjust the decay rate as needed.
    Then you are completely missing the point of my posts. They're about balance not about irking pvpers. I'd be just as in favor of putting hardships on the pve players too. Oh, wait... I am since that was an unconditional dealth penalty. My suggestion doesn't care if you die from PvP or PvE. It just cares that you died.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Then you are completely missing the point of my posts. They're about balance not about irking pvpers. I'd be just as in favor of putting hardships on the pve players too. Oh, wait... I am since that was an unconditional dealth penalty. My suggestion doesn't care if you die from PvP or PvE. It just cares that you died.
    Then, leave all items on the corpse after any type of death. Add death decay or wait to see how fast his decay works once it's turned on.

I think the death penalty is a must, the length of time should be 5-10 min imo, longer than that may ruin future major battles between tribes. Say you are defending your territory and your tribe gets wiped from the first round of fighting, the last thing you want to do is wait half an hour to get back in the battle. The wound system is something I have never experienced, but would add another level of excitement to the game even if it is more basic than what the OP suggests. Great ideas hope the Devs consider something like this.

I think you should have to walk back to your totem to be reborn when you die. I would also like to see very harsh permadeath similar to H&H.

I disagree with the OP and a lot of the posts here.

Proto, your reason is not valid. I ve played every MMO you have that has asset destruction and they ALL had issues of late night raiding that blows up towns without people online. Its a bad idea and needs a LOT of thought and work put into a system like that before opening the flood gates.

Andius,
    Problem is partly with the death/healing system but the point problem and point with your reason is the fact that defending a town is just as hard or harder than attacking one. This is the problem not so much of the death/wound system.
    Granted the death and wound system is not perfect but, if you had it so people that were defending a town had more defense, or even made it so the attackers were harmed on the way in, or put in spots where they were at a major loss while attacking. Then the system would not be that bad. Ex. If attackers were to be on a slope attacking from below you, and you were say doing 2x or 3x more damage while they were below you and they were doing 1/2 damage. Then it wouldnt be a problem stopping these people that were respawning next to your camp.

As for healing, I see major issues because right now there isnt anything you can do other than wait.

JCatano, idea like SWG is pretty good, but I dont think it needs to be that much. I would like to see salves, ointments,bandages, potions and even food healing a lot faster. Things also you can do in combat also.
    I like the idea where after a fight you are hurt more than just basic healing can do over time. Something you need to see treatment for. But I think this will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I disagree with the OP and a lot of the posts here.
    You do know that when item decay gets turned on your going to loose duribility/condition on your weapons and armor right, you will also suffer from exp/stat loss.

how about we wait until that system is inplace or turned on and then start making suggestions on how to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    You do know that when item decay gets turned on your going to loose duribility/condition on your weapons and armor right, you will also suffer from exp/stat loss.

how about we wait until that system is inplace or turned on and then start making suggestions on how to change it.
    Im not disagreeing with that system, and what I said would work fine with that system.
    I will disagree that you or I know whether or not something is going to be in place in the future.

Still doesnt fix the fact that people can respawn and come back to kill someone faster than that person can heal up. Which makes no sense dont you agree?