Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    but that does go both ways.

The system for wurm is perfect. I was suggesting this type of system before some where on these forums as a future feature and never played wurm. But after all this time testing i decided to chk out some of these mmos people keep comparing to Xsyon wurm being one of them. An the wund system is the way to go like in wurm.

Also like I've mentioned before Pve players can't be mixed with pvp player's. Pve players dont want to worry about any thing but npc mobs in the forest. Pvp players want human target's. What needs to happen here in Xyson is a system like in wurm a cross over where pvp and pve are connected threw some portal system. Where if a pvp player wants to go pve a while they can go zone over to the pve side and if a pve player wants to go pvp they can zone over to the pvp side.

You can not mix these two type of players in the end you'll always get same result pve players will quit.

Pvp players want pve players cause pve players are easy kill targets cause they run rather than fight its not how they want to enjoy the game. Which is why its so easy to grief a pve player. This system has to change regardless of all the pvp players crying about loosing the pve players. Wurm seems to be doing fine on both pvp and the pve side being seperate like it is.

Regardless how many people will have something smart to say about this post it is very true this game will fail in pve players do to the enforcment of pvp on them and half the player base is pve. I can't see this working in any way in the future. There is no way to mix these player bases with out arguments from either side.

Give pve player a safty spot pvp players get angry. Take away safty spots and the ability to roam free gathering and exploring the land with just danger of npc animals and mobs that can be avoided at will and you anger the pve player. they can't mix and have success.

This is my 98 cents in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonick View Post
    The system for wurm is perfect. I was suggesting this type of system before some where on these forums as a future feature and never played wurm. But after all this time testing i decided to chk out some of these mmos people keep comparing to Xsyon wurm being one of them. An the wund system is the way to go like in wurm.

Also like I've mentioned before Pve players can't be mixed with pvp player's. Pve players dont want to worry about any thing but npc mobs in the forest. Pvp players want human target's. What needs to happen here in Xyson is a system like in wurm a cross over where pvp and pve are connected threw some portal system. Where if a pvp player wants to go pve a while they can go zone over to the pve side and if a pve player wants to go pvp they can zone over to the pvp side.

You can not mix these two type of players in the end you'll always get same result pve players will quit.

Pvp players want pve players cause pve players are easy kill targets cause they run rather than fight its not how they want to enjoy the game. Which is why its so easy to grief a pve player. This system has to change regardless of all the pvp players crying about loosing the pve players. Wurm seems to be doing fine on both pvp and the pve side being seperate like it is.

Regardless how many people will have something smart to say about this post it is very true this game will fail in pve players do to the enforcment of pvp on them and half the player base is pve. I can't see this working in any way in the future. There is no way to mix these player bases with out arguments from either side.

Give pve player a safty spot pvp players get angry. Take away safty spots and the ability to roam free gathering and exploring the land with just danger of npc animals and mobs that can be avoided at will and you anger the pve player. they can't mix and have success.

This is my 98 cents in this matter.
    100% true because EVE if failing.
    Oh wait. Its not.

PVE and PVP can mix, you just need to have a good system for it. A broken system is still a broken system. You need to find a working system. EVE has a good one. Heck even like you said a portal system will work. You can have other systems in place too, like a good vs evil system OMG. Kinda like Xsyon is trying to put into place.

I'am sorry but you are wrong. There are thousands of people who want only Pve and nothing to do with Pvp. That is why you can't force it on them they will quit. I'm looking at this from every side not my side which is clearly how most people posting look at it.

Right now a Pve player has to worry about going in to combat with a player out of the blue when they are out doing Pve stuff. When that person could normally run away from a bear or animal or zombie and the mob will drop agro after a short distance a Pvp player want. And if a Pve mob kills them it don't loot any thing off there corpse. A Pvp player will and a good bit of them take every thing and destroy most of there stuff to handle the extra weight.

See this is enforcment. Thats why I was sujesting a system like in wurm which I went to look at as a example from others I keep hearing from. As a tester I look for alturnatives to make things fun for every one. But as it stands Pvp is enforced on Pve players. There are people who want not one thing to do with Pvp, an there are a lot of them playing now. A good few have already left not because of lag or the glitches that have happen at the pre launch but because of the pvp enforcment.

I can confirm this cause I've meet several of them in Wurm already. People always talk about mmos they just played and I've meet a ton of new players in past 4 weeks on wurm while I run threw testing what they have to offer and to get ideas I can shoot by to jooky to help Xyson be best sand box ever I've noticed a increase of new people to wurm. Alot comeing from Xyson, an the big answer I get from them when I ask why change is Pvp enforcment. These people just want to come in build talk and socialize.

My statement is from actual fact and speaking to these people leaving for a diffrent mmo. Where does your fact's come from? Like I said and posted Pve and Pvp can't mix. And in the statement above this post you agree by saying ( Heck even like you said a portal system will work ) That portal system seperates pve and Pvp players so they never meet head to head. unless they choose too. Which clearifies what I'm saying. There is no way a pvp system can work with a pve player in any life time.

Even tho xsyon had posted this in the details. Which most people didn't fully read threw. Xsyon still attracted the Pve players and now a desision has to be made change the system or let stand and let those people go find new mmo. This is my point looking at it from both sides.

As a Pvp player yes I love having Pve players there easy targets 7 out of 10 run and I run behind kill them the 3 out of 10 who decide to try stand and fight don't have a clue and die which makes it boring for the true pvp player cause the lack of a challange. After getting board the Pvp player will log in less and start looking for something new with more exciting. Once that is acomplished they leave.

Seperate them and Pve players want leave the Pvp players want get board cause people he finds will be like him wantting to fight and a challange so the game want be boaring to him he will stay. mix the 2 and well? Viniger and water don't mix.

Quite a few decent ideas flying around this thread, i have to say the whole idea of permadeath is completely out of the question from my point of view.. First game i came across with such a system was swg when attempting to create a jedi, they eventually removed the permadeath from all the complaining i gather..
    I agree pvp and pve can mix with a well thought and implemented system, tho i guess thats partly because i enjoy some pvp..

The portal system being mentioned sounds a lot like what they implemented in ultima online 10 years ago (most likely more), i will only speak about pre aos as that expansion totally killed the game for many.

At one point to cater to the pve loving community, they basically duplicated their world, practically exact copies with different rule sets. One was open ffa pvp with an alignment system the other was a safe zone where only pvm could cause your death (mind you the mobs would actually sometimes loot your corpse, if someone else killed the mob before u did they could take whatever they stole ), to access these two different areas you would go to a portal which was set in the game or a mage could recall or make a portal to jump between areas.

What i liked about their system is the way they encouraged people to take the risk of pvp. For crafters for example, you would obtain twice the amount of resources from "harvesting" (twice the ore, twice the logs), purchasing cheap resources from faction vendors in cities within felluca wasnt without risk either, you could encounter thieves who would try their luck and see if they were faster at stealing than u at typing "guards" (more like pressing the /say guards macro). So you obtain more resources, but run the risk of losing them all if you got killed.
    A friend and i would go to the typical farming spots which pve players would go to (can only remember the blood elemental spawn atm) but on the felluca side.. why risk it? well it would be free more often, not having to share with other people as one would have to do in the safe area making it a much faster farming spot...
    Then the most fun of it all, the champion spawns, uo was a skill based game, with a limit of 700skill points, the base maximum in a skill was 100, however you could obtain power scrolls to increase that limit, to up to 120. These champ spawns were only available in the felluca part, and some specific power scrolls (and very rare) were worth small fortunes.. To further that, you could obtain the heads of all different champions and then go for a harrower. much like the champions, the harrower (which was harder, not to mention riskier, reds would be all over you as soon as they found out about the harrower being spawned) this harrower on the other hand didnt grant power scrolls for skills but for maximum stats, allowing you to go from 325 to 350 max stats! Anyway i guess im rambling on way too much, sorry kinda miss that game, after the expansion i mentioned, it became gear based, the one with best gear would pwn and items could be insured, so ppl went from using basic leather armor which was cheap to using full artifacts meh...

I guess what im trying to say is i would be fully in favor of a portal system, where pvp and pve players can have what they are after, so long as there is an extra benefit in the pvp area to encourage people to go there.

As for the bleed system, it does sound awesome, however it would mean obliging all pvpers to have their "healing skill" (whatever that may be) increased, somewhat like bandaging or magery in uo.. (or having both to be totally defensive )

The whole issue about players respawning and running back to fight in less than the time it takes the other to heal... Again going to use uo as an example, in that game when u died, u would lose your stuff, meaning not only your armor but your weapons as well as reagents required to cast spells (thats why thieves would steal your garlic avoiding u to use healing spells ), what did that mean? it meant that if you got looted you were useless in combat, you would have to go back to "base" and re-equip your reagents and armor. The thing is the armors and reagents were cheap (you needed them to have minimal resists, so u couldnt fight without them, but losing them wasnt a large set back) so the main penalty was time. For the braver souls they could use high end weapons (valorite kryss/katana) instead, which made them stronger ofc but losing them would be a pain (again a thief with wrestling could disarm you and then steal your sword and you'd be in deep...).

TLDR : Portal system sounds good, as long as theres some extra benefit to the risk which would encourage players to do pvp. The wound system sounds awesome, but would make it a must for pvpers to increase their healing skill. Permadeath is a total nono for me, i would make naked runners be very vulnerable, require at least a basic leather armor or something not too expensive/hard to obtain making them run back to get new armor, makng that their "time penalty".