Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Crafting is not meaningless. There is a sense of achievement when you unlock a new building or can make a whole set of pioneer tools. Some people sense achievements when they kill someone and some when they build stuff.

This is a sandbox. If you don't get that you are in the wrong place. If you need everything spoonfed to you like WOW does then go back to playing WOW or Rift or some other game that gives you 0 freedom.

You want things to do? How about building a town? Not your tribal sandcastle, but real town, working with other players, splitting roles, setting up roads, moving to one place. Then building a militia, patroling the area for pkers, organizing hunt parties, map area around you. How about builing you own mountain? How about making a battle arena in that town of yous where people would be able to show their pvp skills? You call this a waste of time? I call lurking in the grass and waiting for someone to come buy so you can loot his clothes bigger waste of time.

But once a great man said "A time you have enjoyed wasting is not wasted". Live by that and Xsyon suddenly becomes much more fun.

"Waah waah, I cant log in and kill stuff" does not work in here.
    Very well said. I have a lot to do in game and having lot of fun. Not burnt out even a little bit, lol. I have to force myself by 4am to go to sleep :P

I will play until my free time is up, and if MAJOR improvements aren't made then I will be moving on. If I wanted to pay to play a broken beta wit a bunch of undelivered features I'd have stuck with Mortal Online.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    I agree with the OP totally.

When im able to play with no lag im having realyl bad fps issues so everything goes even slower..

I m sat there thinknig to myself, well i just clicked this one button to scavenge about 20 times in different places and got a few nice items, that took me the best part of 20 mins to basically move around a tiny pile of junk pressing a button.
    So decided to collect some resources, spend an hour gathering different things and piling up by the junk adn then when i had enough stuff moving upto my camp, lucky at the moment no one else is on because of all the issues lol.. anyway that was an hour of exciting gameplay thats for sure.

I then decided to make soem tools....... Well anyway you all get it by now lol..

At the moment there aint anything else to do, cant pvp becauseo f the crap fps and lag, pve is no existant i know there was suppose to be more anumals added yesterday but by the time i got on they where all gone.

Now dont get me wrong i do enoy the crafting and gathering items to build up my camp... but there is only so much of that you can do before getting silly bored.

Im a bit sad abotu this but i do think if things have not improved content wise let alone stability wise i wont be around after my first 2 months and thats a shame because this gam could be somthing, and yeah im awesome the prelude is not te full game but they need to have stuff in game where people can have real fun.

When the game works you can see the devs have godo vision for what they want and have worked hard so far but i dont think crafting and gathering will hold people around for long.
    I love it.. BURN BURN....

You called me an idiot for saying the same thing 2 weeks ago... was it the cool-aid bro..or maybe I am just more perceptive than you.

I think in your words.. what did you say.. hm... yeah... "give it a little more time"

BURN BURN.. HAHAHA my god I don't need to be on these forums while at work.. I think the whole office just turned around as I was litterally laughing so hard. AH HAHAHAHA

Hey Coca stop surfing at work!!! Oh wait...

This post talks about being burnt out on the game which I know a lot of us are feeling. You can then attack someone for being burnt out on the game because we are constantly dealing with lag/fps issues. Then we download the latest patch at an extremely slow rate to find that the patch has broken game mechanics even further.

The problem is we weren't that excited to log in to the game in the first place. Now on top of there being nothing exciting to do our game client just got shit on.

I haven't been a Xsyon player very long only finding out about it a week or two before the official launch, but right from the start I knew this game had potential. I got into video games and MMORPGs with Ultima Online. This game was screaming potential at me and I talked 2 of my 3 childhood friends into purchasing it with me. Since the game hasn't delivered anything at all I actually feel bad about getting them to buy it.

Plague you can sit there all you want and tell everyone they are wrong for being burnt out on the game. But did you seriously just recommend the things we do for fun is go find basalt and limestone, or look for a new tribe spot. Not only is there absolutely no reason to do any of those things, it's boring and your ability to be entertained is extremely low. I'm surprised you're not still playing pong.

Now I want Xsyon to do all these things they promised and I will be checking in from time to time to see if they have been able to do them. Honestly, I don't think it will happen, they will run out of funds and a player base at this rate.

To all those people who want a refund or want the game to be free till its fixed. Stop being so cheap. You paid 40 dollars, if that's a lot of money for you stop playing video games and get a second job, or stop receiving money from the government so you can make a career of video games. They in no way should refund any money to you or let you play their game for free. If you don't like it don't pay for another month and count your 40 dollars as a bad investment and move on.

I was disgusted to see one person requested a refund, then reactivated and was considering asking for a second refund. You are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKane View Post
    This post talks about being burnt out on the game which I know a lot of us are feeling. You can then attack someone for being burnt out on the game because we are constantly dealing with lag/fps issues. Then we download the latest patch at an extremely slow rate to find that the patch has broken game mechanics even further.

The problem is we weren't that excited to log in to the game in the first place. Now on top of there being nothing exciting to do our game client just got shit on.

I haven't been a Xsyon player very long only finding out about it a week or two before the official launch, but right from the start I knew this game had potential. I got into video games and MMORPGs with Ultima Online. This game was screaming potential at me and I talked 2 of my 3 childhood friends into purchasing it with me. Since the game hasn't delivered anything at all I actually feel bad about getting them to buy it.

Plague you can sit there all you want and tell everyone they are wrong for being burnt out on the game. But did you seriously just recommend the things we do for fun is go find basalt and limestone, or look for a new tribe spot. Not only is there absolutely no reason to do any of those things, it's boring and your ability to be entertained is extremely low. I'm surprised you're not still playing pong.

Now I want Xsyon to do all these things they promised and I will be checking in from time to time to see if they have been able to do them. Honestly, I don't think it will happen, they will run out of funds and a player base at this rate.

To all those people who want a refund or want the game to be free till its fixed. Stop being so cheap. You paid 40 dollars, if that's a lot of money for you stop playing video games and get a second job, or stop receiving money from the government so you can make a career of video games. They in no way should refund any money to you or let you play their game for free. If you don't like it don't pay for another month and count your 40 dollars as a bad investment and move on.

I was disgusted to see one person requested a refund, then reactivated and was considering asking for a second refund. You are worthless.
    Very well said on all counts. I played off and on since last august and was always raving about it until around feb and the first disaster launch. I have asked for a refund in the past, Jordi said it was possible but i changed my mind and decided to wait. I have played a lot in the last 6 months and its been fun a lot of the time so i consider that money well spent. I doubt however that i will continue to sub ( i actually already cancelled the sub) becasue the game is in a far worse state than it was before christmas.

People coming on here suggesting that people are idiots for being bored are just beyond hope imo. I made a comment about being bored in game the other day only to be attacked with OMFG IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE!! THIS GUY IS ANTI XSYON IGNORE IGNORE I CANNOT PROCESS ANY NEGATIVITY!!

I dont care what anyone says, scav is no fun if crafting is pointless (dont say it isnt cos it is) nobody needs or wants to buy or sell anytthing. Pvp, of course just a small part of the game, is also pointless (dont say it isnt cos it is). So people have suggested that for "fun" we "swim to other side of the lake" wow now thAT sounds amazing. Or we go and hunt pointless (dont say they're not cos they are) resources.

Im frustrated yes, because like many people, especially those March subs, i too was initially loved up about xsyon, but the longer we stay like this the love fades fast. (especially now we are paying for it!)

Just to reinforce tho, dont ask for refunds, especially if you have played a while, you did at least get something for your money.

Xsyon is slowly becoming the hooker who told her you can have her for 2 and a half months, but you got her back to the apartment and the service was so terrible you just tell her to keep the money and go on her way.

I'm enjoying the game despite alot of missing features.

I've been doing whatever i'm in the mood for, it may be crafting, gathering, protecting my junk pile from junkies(My term of endearment for those who steal my trash) wandering in the wilderness, playing chicken with the green mist, taking screenshots, recording video, mastering the art of ambush and we in LA haven't even begun our terraforming yet as we finalize plans for our settlement.

So at present it's pretty cozy in our camp as i've not heard one member say "I'm bored" or "theres nothing to do" yet. But it would be nice if item decay got implemented, combat tweaked, ranged weaponry introduced, groups of zombies terrorizing zones, rabid animals biting my arse, mutant fish that eats players for eating their kin, snakes, comfort, birds, bats, traps for animals and humans, hemp craft for those that just wanna chill, moonshine for the roudy, etc etc, just to name a few things i'd like to see.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Xsyon is slowly becoming the hooker who told her you can have her for 2 and a half months, but you got her back to the apartment and the service was so terrible you just tell her to keep the money and go on her way.
    Please stop listening to whoever told you to describe Xsyon in terms of your life experiences >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Please stop listening to whoever told you to describe Xsyon in terms of your life experiences >.<
    Just trying to decribe it in a way those who don't wear pocket protectors might understand. :P