Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I don't blame Xsyon for my stupidity in purchasing another alpha stage product (yes, it is alpha, which is the stage when core features are still being added to the game). We all knew exactly what we were getting at launch. Yeah, we didn't expect so many technical issues (game was running solid pre launch), but content wise we pretty much have what has been there for 6+ months if not longer. The crafting is great (if not a bit of a grind), but unless Jooky rolls out massive content patches with PVE and more crafting, people are going to burn through that content in DAYS, not months. The only way to sustain an active playerbase without having to constantly add content is to add trading (no, what we have now is not really trading, it's more like people RPing trading to pretend like it's necessary), politics, and territory control.

We're only gonna get a real trading eco system when the trash piles are gone, and they add resources to the world (through mines, etc). Still, even with a real economic system, that won't be enough to sustain the playerbase. Economic systems in games don't work unless there is a drain to that economy. One type of drain is hard coded money sinks, which this game won't have. The other is player loss and item decay. Given what we know about the current PvP system (it's pointless unless you're a ganker), everyone will be sitting around twiddling their thumbs until the new combat system is released, and prelude is over (giving way to territory control).

Are there small things that can be done in the meantime? Yes, of course. People will map the world, detailing every little spec of Lake Tahoe. They will find the rare resources (the 1 or 2 types that are out there), and they will build up their land. All of this will be accomplished in a matter of weeks, not months. This is the equivalent of people reaching endgame in AoC, or any other traditional MMO in weeks, and being left with nothing. It's the equivalent of a explorer falling off the edge of the known world because it hasn't been built yet.

Conflict breeds content. There is NO WAY Jooky and his small band of devs can create content fast enough to satisfy the majority of the playerbase. Conflict will at least give them a little breathing room.

Sorry, this post was kind of disjointed. It's late.

It's just depressing because it seems like such a ghost town now, the game has so much potential though.

I almost wish global was back, at least then we know others were playing >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Crafting is not meaningless. There is a sense of achievement when you unlock a new building or can make a whole set of pioneer tools. Some people sense achievements when they kill someone and some when they build stuff.

This is a sandbox. If you don't get that you are in the wrong place. If you need everything spoonfed to you like WOW does then go back to playing WOW or Rift or some other game that gives you 0 freedom.

You want things to do? How about building a town? Not your tribal sandcastle, but real town, working with other players, splitting roles, setting up roads, moving to one place. Then building a militia, patroling the area for pkers, organizing hunt parties, map area around you. How about builing you own mountain? How about making a battle arena in that town of yous where people would be able to show their pvp skills? You call this a waste of time? I call lurking in the grass and waiting for someone to come by so you can loot his clothes bigger waste of time.

But once a great man said "A time you have enjoyed wasting is not wasted". Live by that and Xsyon suddenly becomes much more fun.

"Waah waah, I cant log in and kill stuff" does not work in here.
    No you need to go back to WOW because you are an obvious troll that is trying and succeeding in baiting everyone. There are no trolls in Xsyon and not likely to be any but there are trolls in other fantasy games which I would have thought you would like as you are a fantasist if you really think that there is any point in crafting or exploring or anything else in the game. Key features are missing that makes the game pointless when you realise it.

You need to re-read the original message at the top of the thread and then you need to wake up !

Saorlan that was a bit mean wasn't it?

All you doomsayers need to start treating the game like it is: an early beta work in progress. Face the facts. If you did your research like any intelligent consumer should, you would have known what state the game was in.

My suggestion: sit tight and don't play so much. Check the forums for updates, log on here and there to build up your area. Play something else while the devs crunch through the bug list and get to the good stuff. With some patience and constructive input from the community, this game will flourish.

My point: Bogging down the forums with negative rants about "I want it now" does nothing whatsoever to improve the game. Either face the facts and have patience or cancel your sub and come back 8-10 months from now.

Btw, this thread is a huge waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    All you doomsayers need to start treating the game like it is: an early beta work in progress. Face the facts. If you did your research like any intelligent consumer should, you would have known what state the game was in.

My suggestion: sit tight and don't play so much. Check the forums for updates, log on here and there to build up your area. Play something else while the devs crunch through the bug list and get to the good stuff. With some patience and constructive input from the community, this game will flourish.

My point: Bogging down the forums with negative rants about "I want it now" does nothing whatsoever to improve the game. Either face the facts and have patience or cancel your sub and come back 8-10 months from now.

Btw, this thread is a huge waste of everyone's time.
    The person i see behind this post is scared people will find out this game is more sham than substance, and doesnt want to be alone in his game world.

Have I gotten bored? Good question. I would have to say yes, there are times that I get bored. It doesn't have to do with the lack of content(which is an issue) but with the stage we are in. The world has just come live, and there is a mess of workmto do. And unfortunately it is tedious work. Building walls, making ramparts, collecting and hoarding resources are not the most exciting things. I do think that once the rebuilding of mankind come to more mature state, I think other aspects of the game will pick up

can you tell me why you feel the need to hoard resources or even build a wall ?

I'm just curious.

I don't think tribal seige mechanics will be around ANY time soon.. hell at this rate.. Any Time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    can you tell me why you feel the need to hoard resources or even build a wall ?

I'm just curious.

I don't think tribal seige mechanics will be around ANY time soon.. hell at this rate.. Any Time at all.
    Fun. You don't need a reason for it to be fun and it doesn't feel tedius to everyone. Although a side reason would be because it wouldn't be smart to not prepare for the future no matter when it will come.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Fun. You don't need a reason for it to be fun and it doesn't feel tedius to everyone. Although a side reason would be because it wouldn't be smart to not prepare for the future no matter when it will come.
    Thats true but for us whom have already prepared for that, its now we are sitting around goin yup.... waiting.,...