Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    If you made a pie chart of humanity, I'm pretty sure the slices indicating "people who solicit hookers" and "people who wear pocket protectors" would each be less than 1%

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I will play until my free time is up, and if MAJOR improvements aren't made then I will be moving on. If I wanted to pay to play a broken beta wit a bunch of undelivered features I'd have stuck with Mortal Online.
    ^
    What he said. Just a little frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    It's because everything in the game is too easy, anyone can be 100% self sufficient and never have to trade, thus there's no economy. Why travel far and wide when everything you need is in the safety of your protective tribe zone?
    I think, that this is the biggest problem for the game. Every char can max out some skills and every tribe is able to be self-sufficient. But in my opinion this is really bad for a game based on crafting and cooperation.

"Crafting isn't useless because you can get new recipes. YAY!"

Seriously, that's what makes it useful. Huh, I thought it might be that items were needed. Or would need to replaced. So far the ONLY items you need are tools. Doesn't take long to max out your tool recipe list. And then what, you can build a sandcastle.

Seriously, I think if you're enjoying the game as it is now, you'll really love this one. http://progressquest.com/

Yes, the game has potential.
    Yes, people are frustrated because they find the game boring.
    Yes, some of you are 'having fun'.

In 2 months, we'll see how much "fun" it is I suppose. Time passes quick tho, and progress has been slow. If there aren't big improvements/additions each week, then I wouldn't expect much in 2 months. If you're expecting the "magic patch" in May, you're delusional.

And saying that "fixing the lag" was a big improvement would be silly, so please don't. It should never have been there in the first place.
    It seems that each time it's 1 step forward, 1 step back. Other than seeing snow on the ground, I don't think there has been much in the way of changes since "launch" day.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    "Crafting isn't useless because you can get new recipes. YAY!"

Seriously, that's what makes it useful. Huh, I thought it might be that items were needed. Or would need to replaced. So far the ONLY items you need are tools. Doesn't take long to max out your tool recipe list. And then what, you can build a sandcastle.

Seriously, I think if you're enjoying the game as it is now, you'll really love this one. http://progressquest.com/

Yes, the game has potential.
    Yes, people are frustrated because they find the game boring.
    Yes, some of you are 'having fun'.

In 2 months, we'll see how much "fun" it is I suppose. Time passes quick tho, and progress has been slow. If there aren't big improvements/additions each week, then I wouldn't expect much in 2 months. If you're expecting the "magic patch" in May, you're delusional.

And saying that "fixing the lag" was a big improvement would be silly, so please don't. It should never have been there in the first place.
    It seems that each time it's 1 step forward, 1 step back. Other than seeing snow on the ground, I don't think there has been much in the way of changes since "launch" day.

Tick tock, tick tock.
    Well, when you see that the original plan of the developers was to have a base of 500 peoples playing the game after the first weeks/months, then you come to the conclusion, that the game will survive even in the case, that most of the current playerbase would leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Crafting is not meaningless. There is a sense of achievement when you unlock a new building or can make a whole set of pioneer tools. Some people sense achievements when they kill someone and some when they build stuff.

This is a sandbox. If you don't get that you are in the wrong place. If you need everything spoonfed to you like WOW does then go back to playing WOW or Rift or some other game that gives you 0 freedom.

You want things to do? How about building a town? Not your tribal sandcastle, but real town, working with other players, splitting roles, setting up roads, moving to one place. Then building a militia, patroling the area for pkers, organizing hunt parties, map area around you. How about builing you own mountain? How about making a battle arena in that town of yous where people would be able to show their pvp skills? You call this a waste of time? I call lurking in the grass and waiting for someone to come by so you can loot his clothes bigger waste of time.

But once a great man said "A time you have enjoyed wasting is not wasted". Live by that and Xsyon suddenly becomes much more fun.

"Waah waah, I cant log in and kill stuff" does not work in here.

Grinding up stats to access a certain item is WoW. Playing a sandbox to be a maxxed out weapon crafter who knows all the secret ressource places to craft the best weapons that are used by the best fighters is sandbox

And you have a very short vision about the future of the game. Getting pioneers stuff can be done in maybe 1 week....

i spend the most time ingame. and i cant figure out how ur already runing out of stuff to do...lol the way this game was made was to be almost realistice. now how wow mobs running around so u can get epic crap. if ya want that goto wow. this game still has alot to be fixed and stuff to be released. Personally, despite yesterdays issues, the dev's have made some extreme progress. but they are a small team. so what they have managed to do thus far is pretty damn amazing in the time frames they have been doing it. i plan to stick around perminatly. i will build the kick ass city i want...then 1 day tear it all down to build another. seems boring rite? not to me or others. Their is content ingame you just have to go find it. hell for 2 days now ive speend most of it in the mountains hunting. personally i love the fact its tough to spot the animals. Makes the hunt that much better as in RL ur not gonna go into your woods and insto find a bear or deer or coyote. :-P jus my 2 cents.

To put forth a theory... alot of you people claiming to be out of things to do. Are you all from large-ish sized tribes who have rushed everything and burnt out because you were all wanting to be "The First". Establish a base.. make it awesome.. learn all recipes..

I understand your need to play the game, and to get better and be ready for when the updates starts... but the game has barely started. If you take your time and stop to enjoy the experience instead of treating it like every other game where levelling is just the grind to reach the point where you can start doing stuff, you will enjoy yourself much more.

And if you can't do that, well then why did you buy a game like this?

Edit ; As a secondary thought, seeing as this game is very sandbox, shouldn't you be making the fun yourselves? The devs give you the toys, you have to find out how you want to play with them

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    i spend the most time ingame. and i cant figure out how ur already runing out of stuff to do...lol the way this game was made was to be almost realistice. now how wow mobs running around so u can get epic crap. if ya want that goto wow. this game still has alot to be fixed and stuff to be released. Personally, despite yesterdays issues, the dev's have made some extreme progress. but they are a small team. so what they have managed to do thus far is pretty damn amazing in the time frames they have been doing it. i plan to stick around perminatly. i will build the kick ass city i want...then 1 day tear it all down to build another. seems boring rite? not to me or others. Their is content ingame you just have to go find it. hell for 2 days now ive speend most of it in the mountains hunting. personally i love the fact its tough to spot the animals. Makes the hunt that much better as in RL ur not gonna go into your woods and insto find a bear or deer or coyote. :-P jus my 2 cents.
    I've spent a lot of time in game, too. Not bored, not even close. The only thing that restricts me is the junk pile mechanic. I would love to pick up and move to a different location right now, and I can't, because the sheer inconvenience of not having a source of nails, bolts, and other junk items handy is too frustrating when I'm trying to build structures or craft.

I look forward to mining and blacksmithing, and meanwhile, I'm having tons of fun anyway. However, some people have been playing much longer than I have, and I can see why some of them are ready for new things.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    Well, when you see that the original plan of the developers was to have a base of 500 peoples playing the game after the first weeks/months, then you come to the conclusion, that the game will survive even in the case, that most of the current playerbase would leave.
    Erm. How is the entire company going to survive on approx. $7500/month gross revenue? That's not even six figures a year.