Thread: A year on ...

Question A year on ...

I'm curious. The game became playable about a year ago and a lot of you bought it and started playing then. Personally I didn't as I wasn't willing to spend money on the basis of a nice feature list and some screen shots, but shortly before launch I did take the plunge.

My question is to those early players, how much has actually changed / improved in the last year? I'm not talking about crafting lists getting longer, but significant alterations in mechanics and gameplay.

These next two months are going to be make or break for this game I think, with a lot of people on the "well I bought it, so may was well play until they want more money from me" wall.

Have there been a lot of developments in the last year, or just tweaks? Is it realistic to hope that game play will be improved before it's 'time up' for the early subscribers?

Oooh ooh, I want to know too!

Looking at the screenshots the zombie people are out. That's one thing that's gone.

I haven't seen any feature change since I've started playing (save for spawning at your totem which was a very good move btw)

Well yes of course the promotional screen shots are 'aspirational'.

So, a change of spawn location ... ok.

Anything else? Anyone?

When the game went live a year ago, you almost wasnt able to do anything because of problems with the code. When you cmpare the game in its current state with the game in the state a year ago, than you come to the conclusion, that the game is improved very, very, very, very much.

A year ago you could terraform and cut trees. That was all There was no crafting, no building, no tribes, no animals, actually nothing.

Since then they added all of the crafting skills, architecture, tribe system, gathering, they built the whole game. And the game was running very well with 0 lag before 18th of February, the failed launch.

It was a totally empty world a year ago, now its a fun game. No doubt it has problems, but let's hope they fix it soon, I guess this is what all of us wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Looking at the screenshots the zombie people are out. That's one thing that's gone.

I haven't seen any feature change since I've started playing (save for spawning at your totem which was a very good move btw)
    Dude, youve been playing for what? A month? She asked people who have been playing for a year.

Jadzia basically somes it up, a year ago (or almost a year for me), it really wasnt much of a game, there was nothing to do. They have implemented most of what you see in game now in the past 12mths. The lag and performance is a tragedy, and no doubt frustrating the fuck out of Jooky. Hopefully they get it sorted real soon.

And there's still like, nothing to do.