Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xsyon should learn from wurm online

A friend of mine showed me wurm online a few days ago, I got fed up with all the problems that xsyon is having which i kinda knew was gonna happen since ages.

one thing that bothers me about this game is that it doesn't offer enough freedom with the game mechanics, its like a half sandbox half something else o.0

I and a couple of buddies do not know what xsyon is trying to become and with its funky mechanics relating to you can't do this or that makes you wonder what you can do o.0

Like for one safe zones.

Xsyon could take from haven and even wurm, for instance, if you trespass on land, you leave a trail, if you try and take something you need the thieving skill, to even steal, if you want to murder someone, you need the rage skill, stuff like that, tracking etc.

Which I think holds much more consequences then grieving outside of safe zones with no consequences.

I kinda agree with you, but can you expand with some examples?

instead of denying players the ability to do something, the developers should think about the risk vs reward and how to implement it in since a sandbox has players and its not always about being good or bad, its about the risk vs reward

do I risk getting tracked to my homestead for just stealing some food? is it worth it? someone else might track me! etc

it should be like, every action has a reaction.

edit

Like if you want to steal, then invest heavily in points and stats and skills that help to make you steal.

if you want to be a guy on the side of the law, work on those tracking skills and perception and catch those thieves and murderers etc.

like good and bad should not be a decision, it should be based on your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    instead of denying players the ability to do something, the developers should think about the risk vs reward and how to implement it in since a sandbox has players and its not always about being good or bad, its about the risk vs reward

do I risk getting tracked to my homestead for just stealing some food? is it worth it? someone else might track me! etc

edit

Like if you want to steal, then invest heavily in points and stats and skills that help to make you steal.

if you want to be a guy on the side of the law, work on those tracking skills and perception and catch those thieves and murderers etc.

At first when I saw this thread I thought it was going to be another "remove safezones" thread, but you proved me wrong, I actually quite like your ideas. Although there will always be the huge band of griefers that run around destroying shit, if we can still rez at our totem the defender will have that advantage in an assault, which I think is the right thing.

But then again, I think they will probably have a system like this in the future and the current safezone good vs evil system is just a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post

edit

I think, in time, this will all work out and be implemented into the game. Safe zones are being removed after Prelude, possibly even before -- so that's only a matter of time before someone can come in and steal your things.
    Then, folowing that, I imagine sooner or later a tracking skill will be put in.

You have to remember a lot of things are still in the process of being fully fleshed out before being thrown onto the game before they're ready. I like the approach, and it's just a matter of time before we get even more awesome features, skills, and actions we can perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    I think, in time, this will all work out and be implemented into the game. Safe zones are being removed after Prelude, possibly even before -- so that's only a matter of time before someone can come in and steal your things.
    Then, folowing that, I imagine sooner or later a tracking skill will be put in.

You have to remember a lot of things are still in the process of being fully fleshed out before being thrown onto the game before they're ready. I like the approach, and it's just a matter of time before we get even more awesome features, skills, and actions we can perform.
    Lol, almost exactly what I said to his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Lol, almost exactly what I said to his post.
    Oops, sorry. I should learn to read every following post. x.x;;

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    Oops, sorry. I should learn to read every following post. x.x;;
    Lol it's okay. I just see it as great minds think alike. =P

Things I like about WURM: You can modify land anywhere at all. Sure, you can still lay down claim areas where only you can modify - but for the rest of the "unclaimed" world everybody and anybody can build / destroy / modify things.

PvE and PvP server. If a game like WURM can support them both, I don't see why this one couldn't either.

There are of course a lot of things I DON'T like about WURM too, which is why I'm hoping to play here instead, but there are a few things that they do right that it wouldn't hurt to copy

Things from wurm i'd like to see implemented here:

GATES, cmon... Where the hell are the gates man?
    Guards of some sort, many games have this when it envolves a player ran/made town... Know why? Some people have lives ( this is more directed towards when the ability to raid comes into play )
    Carts ( or any type of item to lug around larger amount of goods )
    And probably a few other things I can't think of right now.