Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    allot of people here sound like they never played a mmo or one that wasn't from a major company. this game is allot better that other mmo's with way bigger budgets and allot more developers.
    Thats your opinion which you are entitled to, but it differs from the majority of people i have talked with recently.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    this game is allot better that other mmo's with way bigger budgets and allot more developers.
    I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by schlock View Post
    If these guys were the makers of my life support machine, then yes I would probably be very concerned but it just so happens to be a game. I have a front door, decent weather, a car and friends;
    If they were the makers of your life support machine, you'd be dead, not concerned.

I tire of the suggestion that I should go do something else. I think I bought the game to play it, not to find other shit to do. I could do that for free. And I do other shit. Why? Because there isn't a game to play.

I know you bought a car, but why don't you walk instead.
    I know you got a new boat, but maybe swimming would be more fun.

People buy games with the expectation that they'll be able to play them. Worked fine before launch, fell on it's face the few days leading up to it.

It's not going to magically get better 2 months from now. In the last 9 days we have managed to see new snow and the reduction of lag. Of course then introduced a loading entities bug, client crash.

So far two 1.5gb patches, which because it's one big file, sometimes you get to repeat a few times before getting the file. Luckily I don't have a problem patching, but I have a kick ass internet connection. I get to then put the file up for my clan mates so they can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    I tire of the suggestion that I should go do something else. I think I bought the game to play it, not to find other shit to do. I could do that for free. And I do other shit. Why? Because there isn't a game to play.
    Funny you tire of that. I tire of people acting like they bought a big company MMO knowing it's in it's release and expecting it to be without problems or downtime. I tire of poor consumers not doing their homework before spending their money.

I'm well aware that this game is not a life support machine, a boat or a car. Apples and oranges. I was just throwing some humor in and trying to bring things into perspective.

If you are underwhelmed by what they have done for the past nine days, then I think you are missing the beauty of this game. Or maybe your yet another arm-chair programmer. But that's conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by schlock View Post
    Funny you tire of that. I tire of people acting like they bought a big company MMO knowing it's in it's release and expecting it to be without problems or downtime. I tire of poor consumers not doing their homework before spending their money.

I'm well aware that this game is not a life support machine, a boat or a car. Apples and oranges. I was just throwing some humor in and trying to bring things into perspective.

If you are underwhelmed by what they have done for the past nine days, then I think you are missing the beauty of this game. Or maybe your yet another arm-chair programmer. But that's conjecture.
    I'm sorry schlock, But I've been around many launch both big and small and a couple smaller than this one. You've got some rose colored glasses on here, the lag at launch? that is not a common problem. How about the server being up for four hours in the state that it was last night? that's not common either.
    You've got your fanboi on full throttle and you're welcome to drink that Kool-aid but don't preach that it's a common thing....

The balance issues, the lack of a cs team, the horrible ui,the lag spikes,problems with animals these are all issues that can be explained away by "indie" or "mmo" in general. My original concerns are a lack of professionalism and following standard norms and they have nothing to do with big or small.